Kenya: Senior Project Officer, MNFE
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: Senior Project Officer, MNFE
Closing date: 23 Sep 2015
Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
This position is part of the Mobile Non-Formal Education (MNFE) Project, which seeks to enhance access to education for nomadic children aged 13-18 years in Marsabit County who are not currently enrolled in any formal schooling. The Senior Project Officer will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the MNFE project, including coordinating with the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders, building relationships with partners, and communicating to staff and donors.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee and lead the implementation of all MNFE project activities.
· Ensure efficient and smooth running of the MNFE project office and coordination with REGAL-IR.
· Ensure appropriate management, use and security of all project assets.
· Ensure strict compliance with Adeso policies, procedures and relevant donor regulations.
· Develop project work plans and ensure that these are followed.
· Oversee the project budget and ensure that it is strictly adhered to and all supporting documentation for expenses is properly completed and submitted.
· Supervise MNFE project staff, teachers and Community Education Committees (CECs).
· Work collaboratively with staff, teachers, CECs and partners to strengthen the educational components of the project (e.g. pedagogical teacher training, vocational training curriculum development, etc.).
· Develop capacity building mechanisms and implement training for CECs and stakeholders, with the objective of sustainable transfer of the project to the community.
· Compile monthly internal reports and donor reports as per the contract.
· Assist with the development of project proposals for additional/scale-up funding.
· Represent Adeso among local authorities, donors, international and national NGOs whenever approved by the HOP.
· Document lessons learned from project activities and support the Regional Communications Manager with relevant materials as required
· Coordinate activities with other Adeso projects for cross learning and improved quality of programming.
· Attend related coordination meetings with other stakeholders at field level on behalf of Adeso and liaise with other agencies operational in Marsabit County.
· Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation, including assessments, reviews and other monitoring activities according to the project plan.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelors of Education.
· At least 3 years of relevant NGO project management experience, preferably in education.
· Good understanding of the issues relating to education in pastoralist communities in Kenya.
· Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with community members and colleagues.
· Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and think and plan strategically.
· Excellent networking and representation skills,
· Coaching, mentoring and capacity building skills.
· Attention to detail and strong organization and planning skills.
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
· Computer literacy in MS Office.
· Donor reporting.
· Willing to travel regularly within remote areas.
· Resident of Marsabit County.
· Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
· Experience working with mobile pastoralist communities.
· Experience of vocational training programs.
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected] , quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 23rd September 2015.
Each application should be addressed to HR Director and include the following:
• An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and
• An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one's background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.