Kenya: USAID/SOMALIA PROGRAM SUPPORT SERVICES-RESEARCH COORDINATOR: EVALUATION OF TRANSITION INITIATIVES FOR STABILIZATION PROJECT
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Kenya: USAID/SOMALIA PROGRAM SUPPORT SERVICES-RESEARCH COORDINATOR: EVALUATION OF TRANSITION INITIATIVES FOR STABILIZATION PROJECT
Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2015
Research Coordinator Draft Ads for TIS evaluation
Research Coordinator: Evaluation of Transition Initiatives for Stabilization project
Location: Kenya and Somalia
Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI)
Job Level: Mid-level
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, economic growth and democracy & governance.
IBTCI is looking for a Team Leader for its Final Performance Evaluation of USAID’s Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) project which falls under USAID/Somalia’s Somalia Program Support Services (SPSSP activity. The evaluation is expected to take place October 2015 – March 2016. The TIS project seeks to increase confidence in all levels of government through targeted, strategic interventions that improve service delivery and government responsiveness. Through TIS, Somali government institutions, the private sector, and civil society collaborate to design, evaluate, and deliver projects with a quick and lasting impact on the lives of Somali citizens in critical risk areas. USAID, through TIS, is supporting over 800 micro-projects in 17 of Somalia’s 18 regions, focusing on high-risk communities in hard-to-reach areas. Examples of micro-projects that have been funded through TIS include: rehabilitation of roads, government buildings, health clinics, schools, community centers, and stadiums; entrepreneurial training and vocational education for youth; and cultural and athletic events.
· Maintain comprehensive database of all documents and datasets (audio records, photos datasets and other digital files)
· Collaborate with Qualitative and Quantitative Data Specialists to elaborate detailed and comprehensive Data Collection Plan of each survey per each geographic area individually
· Coordinate day-to-day work of field staff and if site location is not accessible relocate field team to achieve high efficiently
· Produce report bibliography and sections as needed
· Assist TL to coordinate between team members
· Support Data Quality Assurance processes
· Assemble all raw data, catalogues and packages for submission to USAID (under guidance of qual. & quant. data specialists).
· Master’s degree in international affairs, or a related field.
· At least 5 years of experience in similar assignments as a research assistant or field work coordinator (Somalia experience is a plus);
· Familiarity with USAID regulations and systems including Evaluation Policy, performance monitoring guidance, gender policies and guidance, project management and reporting.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
· Strong data quality control skills;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (written and verbal) in English (Somali language is a plus)
· Professional use of MS Office applications.
How to apply:
Please submit a CV and three professional references to iduale AT ibtci DOT com not later than Oct. 12, 2015 OOB Nairobi.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.