Lebanon: Civil Society Specialist (Fluency in Arabic and English)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Lebanon: Civil Society Specialist (Fluency in Arabic and English)
Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 09 Oct 2015
Civil Society Specialist, Beirut, Lebanon
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is an international development firm in the Washington, D.C., metro area with a 30-year history of helping to deliver results across the developing world. In 2008, we became part of Coffey International Limited. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with Coffey's international development offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging political and economic climates in the world, including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and South Sudan. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance, and anticorruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.**
MSI is seeking candidates for the full-time/long-term position of Civil Society Specialist on a capacity-building and small-grants program for Lebanese civil society organizations (CSOs). The Civil Society Specialist will be responsible for working with CSO grantees in the development and implementation of all grant activities, as well as support capacity-building and networking between CSO networks to further project objectives. This position works in close cooperation with the Deputy Chief of Party/Compliance Officer, Technical Specialists, and Grants Specialists, under the direction and supervision of the Chief of Party.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Lebanese citizenship will be considered.
- Assist the DCOP/Compliance Officer, Grants Specialists, and Finance Manager in the overall design, selection and management of all grants issued under the program.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support of an assigned portfolio of CSO and ISO grantees in the implementation of grant activities to remain up-to-date on their activities, plans and progress.
- Maintain close coordination with grantees during execution of the grants, in coordination with the Grants Specialists, including tracking milestones, compliance, timelines, deliverables and close-out.
- Prepare regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other capacity issues that impact implementation to the Technical Specialists, M&E Specialists and DCOP/Compliance Officer.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to grantee applicants in the preparation of their grant applications, during Bidder’s Conferences and in the administration of the grants following award.
- Conduct regular site visits and attend grantee-sponsored activities and events, as may be required.
- Identify and seize opportunities to promote civil society networking, partnerships and coalition-building, as well as design, coordinate and implement networking activities between CSO and ISO partners.
- Regularly capture success stories and lessons learned on the impact of program and grant-funded activities, in collaboration with the M&E Specialists.
- Contribute to reporting requirements for quarterly and annual reports, work plans, PMPs and related deliverables, as may be requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in project management and/or developing and managing grant program activities in partnership with civil society organizations, preferably under a USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated experience in working with Lebanese civil society organizations with strong knowledge of their organizational, administrative and management systems required.
- Ability and willingness to conduct regular site visits throughout the country required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in a relevant field, i.e. NGO management, business administration, international development, political science or related field.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.