Liberia: Associate Director, Health Workforce
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Liberia: Associate Director, Health Workforce
Organization: Clinton Health Access Initiative
Closing date: 02 Oct 2015
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI's Health Workforce Programs aim to build the health education infrastructure and health workforce necessary to create high quality, sustainable healthcare systems in developing countries. CHAI is focusing its efforts in three strategic focus areas: 1) significantly increasing the number of qualified health workers 2) optimizing the distribution of health workers and 3) improving management capacity of governments
CHAI began working in Liberia in 2006 after the end of the country’s second civil war. CHAI serves as a central advisor to the Ministry of Health and operates in a seconded fashion with offices located in the Ministry of Health. In 2014, prior to the Ebola outbreak crisis, CHAI assisted the government to begin development of a large-scale national Health Workforce Program to help solve the health workforce coordination and production challenges. After the outbreak, at the request of the government, CHAI accelerated government planning to develop a multi-sectorial initiative aimed to train hundreds of physicians, health managers and specialized nurses and thousands of midwives and community health workers. Additionally, the national Health Workforce Program plans interventions to improve policy, planning and management of the health workforce at the Ministry of Health.
CHAI is currently seeking a highly motivated, seasoned and flexible individual to provide management, coordination and analytical support to Liberia’s Health Workforce Team. Candidates must have excellent planning, management, writing, analytical, communication and cultural sensitivity skills as they will be managing a large amount of staff and working closely with government and external partners. The candidate must have a passion for results and a commitment to excellence. The Senior Program Manager/Associate Director will work closely with the Program Director to co-manage a team of over 30 staff.
The Senior Program Manager/Associate Director is a central figure on the Liberia Health Workforce Team and is responsible for process design and management support of the Health Workforce Program and CHAI’s Liberia Health Workforce work streams. S/he will drive project success and management by coordinating efforts of the team to deliver projects according to plans. The responsibilities of this role include taking the Ministry of Health’s proposed Health Workforce Program from conceptual planning to day to day activities; the Senior Program Manager/Associate Director will lead the team to develop final implementation plans for program components (consisting of a narrative, work plan and budget for each) and to assist the government with the program’s implementation. The Senior Program Manager/ Associate Director will support the Program Director to directly manage the teams engaged in the program (including government and non-government stakeholders and the Health Workforce Program Partner Coalition) – develop project timelines and milestones, communicate project expectations and roles, coordinate schedules, facilitate lines of communication and monitor deliverables to ensure delivery of quality outcomes. The Senior Program Manager/Associate Director will oversee team knowledge management efforts to ensure strong coordination and communication capabilities internally and externally. S/he will develop and manage the team work plan, ensure deliverables are met on time and facilitate document management and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
The position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
CHAI Team Management and Accountability:
- Manage CHAI’s Liberia Health Workforce team, implementing partners and other teams engaged in Liberia’s Health Workforce Program
- Organize multiple work areas, manage numerous deliverables and facilitate cross-team communication to ensure program activities occur on time
- Work with the Program Director, Advisor to the Government, CHAI country leadership and Global HRH Team to define program scope, goals and deliverables with the government during the planning phase of the work
- Track and manage project milestones and deliverables, ensuring that goals are met and deliverables are provided on time
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and senior management
- Effectively communicate external factors that may have consequence for the team, and translate that information into action steps
- Set and continually manage project expectations with technical team members
- Identify and resolve when activities have stalled and work with team members to resolve bottlenecks
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans
- Understand all work streams of the program, as well as roles and responsibilities of partners, to make necessary linkages where dependencies exist
- Develop a routine mechanism for status reports and troubleshoot problem areas
- Ensure streamlined knowledge management by managing, maintaining and developing a system to share information so that it is readily accessible
- Ensure team communication
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 10 years work experience; or Advanced Degree or equivalent plus 8 years work experience; or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience managing and leading sizeable teams to deliver high-impact results
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional strategy development skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information on a dynamic project and translate it into day to day work
- Ability to work in unstructured and fast-paced work environments
- Exceptional general management and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to communicative effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and manage/support staff through process
- Ability to work with humility and achieve results
- Proven ability to diffuse high stress situations
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Flexibility; set an example of capacity to deal with change (in deliverables, project scope, timeline) in a productive way
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/kkpstwdmcz
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.