Liberia: County Clinical Manager, Based in rural Liberia
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Liberia: County Clinical Manager, Based in rural Liberia
Organization: Tiyatien Health
Closing date: 28 Oct 2015
County Clinical Manager, Based in rural Liberia
ABOUT LAST MILE HEALTH
Founded by survivors of Liberia’s civil war, Last Mile Health (LMH) is committed to saving lives in the world’s most remote villages. Working in remote jungle communities cut off from even basic life-saving health services, LMH is building a health system that reaches everyone—by bringing health care to villagers’ doorsteps. LMH trains community members to be health practitioners for their villages and connects them with rural health clinics to offer every person access to the care they deserve. These Frontline Health Workers are able to prevent, diagnose, and treat the top ten most life-threatening health conditions.
The unprecedented Ebola outbreak in Liberia has demonstrated that weak, inequitable health systems leave everyone vulnerable. To address this access gap, the Liberian government has conceived an ambitious ten-year effort to deploy community-based health practitioners in every village across Liberia. Last Mile Health is undergoing a major expansion of its team and operations to support the Liberian government in this effort to design, launch, and sustain a national program for remote health access.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The County Clinical Manager (CCM) is an experienced clinician with significant management, partnerships, and clinical practice experience, especially in the areas of maternal and child health. Serving as part of the organization’s medical team, a Clinical Manager will be embedded in one of Last Mile Health’s (LMH) county project teams. Reporting to the County Project Manager and LMH’s Medical Director, the CCM will supervise and coordinate the expansion of our primary care service delivery model in a rural county of Liberia. The work will include: overseeing project staff, guiding project implementation, supervision, training and mentorship of health workers, providing feedback to guide program design and improvement, representing LMH’s project team at County Health Team (CHT) meetings, and ensuring LMH staff healthcare needs are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Project Management and Capacity Building
· Directly oversee programmatic and LMH clinical staff, including international health fellows.
· Assist, under the lead of the CHT, in the supervision of a network of community-level Community Health Services Supervisors (CHSS) and Peer Supervisors (who in turn supervise community health workers).
· With County Project Manager, develop work plans and ensure the execution of programmatic and launch activities in the county.
· Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation team to link program and performance data.
· Coordinate with Operations team to ensure uninterrupted medical and program supply distribution at all field sites.
Partnerships Development and Maintenance
· Serve as LMH’s senior clinical representative in-county and participate in meetings and planning sessions with local CHTs as well as relevant technical work groups at the county level.
- Maintain relationships with key health partners in each county.
Program Quality Assurance
- Travel throughout sites providing a spot check of program implementation, assessing consistency, competency, and coverage throughout program sites.
- Provide oversight and support to referral services for patients in LMH’s catchment communities who are not able to be cared for in the community or primary health facility.
- Track program performance with respect to quality targets (i.e. health metrics) and help the county project team identify problems and potential solutions as early as possible.
- Diagnose gaps in care as issues with program design or implementation, and engage relevant team members developing both immediate and long-term solutions.
· Oversee national staff health services within the county.
· Provide consultation on a protected-schedule basis for non-urgent health matters.
· Assist in coordinating care or evacuation for urgent health matters.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: County Project Manager and Medical Director
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Launch Officers, Global Health/HEAL Fellows, Training Supervisor
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Director of Program Implementation, County M&E Manager, Operations Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
The successful candidate will have significant leadership skills and experience and embody LMH’s values of Service, Science, Courage, and Love. In reviewing applicants we will be seeking a demonstrated record of assuming significant professional responsibility and delivering on complex organizational goals with integrity and grace.
Additional knowledge and experience:
- MD, RN, or PA with current license
- 2+ years managing a health program, preferably with a community health and/or maternal health focus
- Experience in public health preferred
- Prior experience in a remote setting and willingness live at program site in rural Liberia, including spending occasional nights in rural communities with few amenities
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills
- Generosity of spirit, sensitivity/diplomacy, and willingness to make sacrifices in service of the mission. Commitment to health and social justice
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including across cultures and backgrounds
- Comfort working with high-performing team
- High degree of English fluency required
Commitment: Minimum 12-month commitment, with possibility of extension based on performance
Location: County seat of a rural Liberian County
How to apply:
Applications accepted on a rolling basis via Last Mile Health website
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.