Liberia: Media Fellow
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Liberia: Media Fellow
Organization: More Than Me
Closing date: 01 Dec 2015
Are you a natural storyteller? Do you thrive on portraying unique and creative stories to a wider audience? If so, we need you to document the daily moments, impact, and long-term results of More Than Me’s work in Liberia and share them with the world!
The ideal candidate for this position will know how to take great photos and videos; have an eye for beauty and a knack for creative storytelling. You will get to know our program on the ground and tell the amazing stories of our students, staff, and community.
You are passionate about telling r*eal* stories and using those stories to have the greatest impact possible.
- Take beautiful photos and video daily (on both professional camera and iPhone) and upload them to Flickr and MTM’s social media platforms
- Write content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blog posts to accompany media
- Target new donors through media and crazy ideas (personalized photos, videos, invitations, and more!)
- Form local media connections and pitch stories to local press
- Think creatively about media for online fundraising campaigns
- Help create and implement systems for collecting stories from staff and students to share with internal and external audiences
- Interview our beneficiaries and tell their stories
- Train a group of students in social media
This position will report to the Communications Manager in the USA, and will work closely with staff in Liberia to get the full picture of our programs.
- Experience with photo/video editing and production
- Familiarity with using photo/video apps on a smart phone
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail
- Strong writer, able to touch people’s hearts through storytelling
- Willingness to take risks through social media
- Ability to think creatively to communicate our programs to supporters around the world
- Dedication to MTM’s mission and values
- Desire to learn new marketing skills and techniques
- Task-oriented, organized and prompt
- Flexible to go with the flow in order to get the best stories!
- Ability to work well in a team and excel working independently
- Spent time living abroad, especially in West Africa
- Experience managing social media for an organization
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizational structure and fundraising
- Round-trip flight
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Communication and transportation allowance
- Visa and work permit
- Vacation and sick daysFreebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.