If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Liberia: Short-term Consultancy: Civic Engagement Consultant, The Local Empowerment for Government Inclusion and Transparency (LEGIT) Project, Liberia
Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 14 Nov 2015
Short-term Consultancy: CIVIC ENGAGEMENT CONSULTANT
The Local Empowerment for Government Inclusion andEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Transparency (LEGIT) Project,Liberia
MSI is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 30-year history of helping to deliver development results across the developing world. In 2008, we became the America's operation of the international development arm of Coffey International Limited. Since that time, we have greatly expanded our ability to respond seamlessly and flexibly to client needs with our sister offices in the UK and Australia. We operate in some of the most challenging and political and economic climates in the world, including Pakistan, Afghanistan, South Sudan and Iraq. MSI currently employs 800 development experts in the fields of public sector management, monitoring and evaluation, governance and anti-corruption. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of this five-year project is to increase accountability, transparency, and effectiveness of sub-national government resources in Liberia. The project seeks to increase capacity of Government of Liberia institutions to make and sustained progress in the implementation of the National Policy on Decentralization and Local Governance, to improve performance and capacity of county and city administrations to manage revenues and deliver key services, and to increase citizen representation in planning and decision-making of service delivery in counties and cities. This is a short-term consultancy position.
- Provide technical assistance to:
- Developing a model for inclusive participatory budgeting process and monitoring public expenditures on the county and city levels.
- Developing and implementing social accountability tools such as participatory budgeting, citizen report cards, community score cards, social audit, Public Expenditure Tracking Survey (PETS), and other accountability tools.
- Developing a participatory planning, budgeting and monitoring manual.
- Developing and conducting training on participatory planning, budgeting and monitoring.
- Designing activities to raise awareness and understanding of the local governments, CSOs and communities for sub-national planning, budgeting, and decision-making in preparation for fiscal decentralization.
- Building capacity of CSOs and community based organizations to facilitate participatory budgeting processes.
- Promoting women's inclusion in participatory decision-making processes.
- Advance degree in political science, economics, law, public administration or in similar fields.
- International experience in decentralization, civic engagement, social accountability, and similar areas.
- Regional experience is a plus.
- Experience developing manuals, guidance and other documents facilitating civic participation and engagement in the local decision making process.
- Professional fluency in English speaking, reading, and writing required.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.