If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Madagascar: International Consultant_ Education Specialist – Joint Programme reporting and sector coordination
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 12 Oct 2015
TERMES DE REFERENCE
· Assignment/Project Title :Education Specialist – Joint Programme reporting and sector coordinationEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
· Proposed Level: L-3
· Type of Contract :Special Service Agreement (SSA) – International consultant
· Location :Antananarivo, Madagascar
· Assignment Duration :Three (3) months / 90 days
· Publication :8 October 2015
· Closing date :12 October 2015
The Education Programme is one of the largest components of the overall UNICEF Country Programme in Madagascar and is supported by some significant donors, including the Norwegian Government. This donor in particular demands high quality reporting. The Education Section has developed a reputation for submitting high quality proposals and reports and this has enabled the Section to continue to generate funds to support the education system in Madagascar.
However, the Education Section is currently undergoing some major changes in staffing while transitioning to the new Country Programme 2015-19, with a number of positions being vacant (including Section Chief) during a period which is also particularly heavy in terms of reports and proposal writing, recruitments, Programme implementation, as well as sector coordination efforts with an ongoing education sector analysis and preparations for a new education sector plan currently underway. This consultancy is aimed at providing short-term support to the section during this period in order for the Education Section to meet submission and reporting deadlines, and submit a high quality report on the Joint EFA Programme in Madagascar to the Norwegian Government.
In considering the coordination entailed with other Partners to finalize and validate the report, as well as the role assumed by UNICEF in Madagascar as Leading Agency for the Education Sector and Coordinating Agency for the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) with significant tasks foreseen in that respect over the duration of this assignment, the incumbent shall also support sector coordination efforts including preparations for the Mid-term Review of the GPE Grant implementation in Madagascar, preparations for a Joint Sector Review with the Government and Development Partners, as well as the formulation of a draft MoU to be considered by Government and Partners to define the coordination modalities that shall guide the formulation and implementation of the new Education Sector Plan.
2. PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
Under the supervision of the interim Education Section Chief, this consultancy has the following main objectives:
- Coordinate the drafting and submission of the Final Report on the Joint EFA Programme in Madagascar to the Government of Norway.
- Support the Education Programme, in close coordination with Government and Partners, in its Sector Coordination efforts, with particular reference to:
· Preparations for the Mid-term Review of the GPE-funded project in Madagascar (scheduled for November 2015)
· Preparations for a Joint Sector Review scheduled for early 2016, and
· The drafting of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) or Partnership Agreement between the Government and Development Partners in the context of preparations for the future Education Sector Plan.
3. EXPECTED DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINE
October 30, 2015 (20 days )
· Draft Final Report on the Joint EFA Programme in Madagascar (for Norway) and draft PowerPoint
· Presentation for Final Review Meeting
November 15, 2015 (5 days)
· Invitations, Agenda and documentation of the Final Review Meeting with Norway
November 20, 2015 (4 days)
· Arrangements and agenda coordinated with partners on the mid-term review of the GPE Project Implementation Grant
December 20, 2015 (6 days)
· Final report on the Joint EFA Programme in Madagascar (for Norway) – incorporating comments from the Final Review Meeting
January 10, 2015 (30 days)
· Guidelines, tools and modalities developed in consultation with Partners and MoE in preparation for the Joint Sector Review
January 10, 2015 ( 25 days)
· Draft MoU developed in consultation with Partners and MoE on coordination modalities for the new Education Sector Plan
- DURATION AND LOCATION
The assignment will start as soon as the contract with the selected consultant has been signed. The work will require meetings and consultations to take place in Antananarivo. Office accommodation is available at UNICEF Country Office in Zone Galaxy, Antananarivo, although some work, for example, report drafting can be carried out from a distance. The Consultant will however be expected to be stationed in Antananarivo over the full duration of this assignment.
Taking into account the skills and expertise required to implement the Terms of Reference, the fee is estimated the UN reference scale (level 3). The actual remuneration fee will be negotiated with the selected candidate. The payments will be scheduled on a monthly basis (after completion of 30 days of work) upon submission of monthly progress reports and deliverables to be approved by the supervisor.
The cost of any travel to the regions will be met by UNICEF and will be additional to the cost indicated in the submission of the Consultant/s. The cost of workshops including room and equipment hire, food and drink for participants, and workshop resources, will, in a similar way, be met by UNICEF.
The consultant is expected to carry out the work independently and s/he will take care of the equipment needed to ensure its good performance (laptop, back-up, phone, email, other supplies …).
6. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Education; Primary Education, or a Social Sciences fields relevant to international development assistance.
(ii) Work Experience
- Five years (5) of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in fields relevant to Education programmes.
- Demonstrated expertise in programme and donor reporting or proposal writing in areas relevant to the Education sector
- Good track record of quality reports written in English for external audiences
· Strong written communication skills
- Background/familiarity with development work in fragile contexts or emergency situations an asset.
- Fluency in English and French
- Knowledge of local working language is an asset
- Experience of similar assignments with UNICEF or other international development organizations will be considered as an advantage
How to apply:
4. SUBMISSION OF OFFERS
Candidates are requested to send their offers by email as soon as possible and latest by 12 October2015 [email protected] headed:
“SSA – Education Specialist (L3) – Joint Programme reporting and sector coordination”
The offers should include the following:
• A technical offer no exceeding 3 pages describing in detail the methodology to be used to conduct the above tasks and to finalise the expected deliverables.
• A detailed financial offer in USD clearly indicating all fees and costs (including rates and days, travel, living allowance, communication, logistics).
• CV indicating necessary qualifications and all relevant experience.
• Names of three references with affiliation and contact information (email and phone).
• Copy of the highest academic certificate obtained. qualification of the consultant/s and their relevant experience
• Copy of passport or national identification card.
• A completed United Nations P11 form (http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc ).
- Funding Source:
Grant: EDUCATION NON-GRANT/RR
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.