Malawi: Deputy Country Director for Finance and Operations – Malawi
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Malawi: Deputy Country Director for Finance and Operations – Malawi
Organization: Project Concern International
Closing date: 31 Oct 2015
Job Description The Deputy Country Director Finance/Operations primary responsibility will be to assist the Country Director and Chiefs of Party in strategic and operational planning and ensure sound financial management and optimal performance in the areas of procurement, human resource management, logistics and IT. This will include leading the screening of sub-grantees, development of sub-grant agreements, and monitoring of their financial performance.
- Assist Country Director and Chiefs of Party in strategic and operational plans ensuring sound financial management of PCI’s grants (e.g. budget execution, monitoring and reporting processes) and compliance to PCI and USAID financial policies and procedures
- Participate in strategic planning and direction setting for PCI-Malawi and its programs
- Lead budget preparation and management processes
- Ensure compliance with cooperative agreements/grants/contracts and make recommendations for improving the overall effectiveness of the program.
- Ensure the highest quality of financial reporting to donors.
- Ensure an efficient procurement process which responds to the needs of PCI’s grants.
- Assure financial compliance of all international and local consortium partners and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (donor, partners and local authorities)
- Ensure appropriate implementation and maintenance of internal controls
- Supervise Finance, IT, HR, Logistics and other Administrative staff
- Direct IT and administration activities within the program
- Direct and manage HR activities within the program
- Ensure integration between accounting and program teams
- Develop and carry out a plan to increase the capacity of local partners in program finance and administration.
- Review, implement and improve program logistics and resource management systems in the field.
- Serve as a member of PCI-Malawi’s Senior Leadership Team
- Interface effectively with CFO in PCI’s International Office and participate as a member of a global finance team
- Minimum of 10 years overseas experience in a similar role and significant experience implementing programs of a similar size, preferably in Malawi
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with US Government donor regulations, ideally USAID Title II experience
- Professionally qualified accountant with advanced degree in a related field (e.g. finance)
- Experience in automated and integrated accounting packages, preferably proficient in ACCPAC.
- Experience directing IT and HR administrative activities in a similar program
- Demonstrated abilities in NGO reporting, financial management, procurement, and project management
- Demonstrated abilities in sub-grant management
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with local ministries, NGO partners, international agencies, and U.S. government agencies
- Development philosophy in keeping with PCI’s mission, vision, core values and approach to integrated, community-driven programming
- Excellent analytical and self-motivation skills; excellent advocacy and persuasion skills; able to think critically
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills
- Excellent facilitation, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in EnglishJob Location Blantyre, Malawi
How to apply:
Apply Here: https://pciglobal-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=334&company_id=16566&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992385&aid=1
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.