Malawi: Senior Local Governance and Transparency Specialist
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Malawi: Senior Local Governance and Transparency Specialist
Organization: Development Alternatives, Inc.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
DAI is currently accepting applications from candidates for an anticipated local government accountability and performance activity in Malawi funded by USAID. The overall goal of the program is to improve the performance of local government in Malawi by improving capacity and accountability of local governments at the district level, strengthening citizen engagement and oversight, and improving the broader national policy and systems environment for decentralization. DAI seeks to hire a Senior Local Government Performance and Transparency Specialist to support:
- Improved district development, planning, budgeting and implementation processes
- Improved public financial management processes
- Increased oversight of public expenditures
- Capacity building for councilors, service committees and DEC staff
- Increased local government own-source revenue
- Integration of USAID district planning and budgeting activities in Malawi
Location: Malawi – Lilongwe and/or Blantyre
- A university degree in any of the following or related fields: social science, management, or international development
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in Malawi, preferably in one or more of the following districts: Baaka, Machinga, Lilongwe Rural, M’mbelwa, Blantyre Rural, Zomba Rural, Kasungu, and Mulanje.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the field of local governance with experience working effectively with sub-national governments to support decentralization reforms.
- Demonstrated capabilities in methodologies appropriate to complex change processes and capacity development.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and ability to lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing youth- and gender- integrated programs.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are asked to apply to DAI at: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=2341
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.