Mali: Chief of Party, Mali, Governance and Civil Society
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Mali: Chief of Party, Mali, Governance and Civil Society
Organization: Counterpart International
Closing date: 18 Oct 2015
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Mali to strengthen citizens’ role in improving government accountability. This is a full time position based in Bamako, Mali. This position will report to a Regional Director of Programs at Counterpart headquarters. The ideal candidate will have expertise in citizen engagement, government accountability, public service delivery, and local capacity development. The COP will represent Counterpart to USAID, local and national partners, and other relevant donor organizations in Mali. S/he will provide vision and technical leadership, as well as oversee staff management and development and ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide vision, leadership, strategic management, and oversight of donor-funded programs.
• Provide line management to the field staff in accordance with the donor policies, procedures, and requirements.
• Provide mentoring and professional development support to project staff, with emphasis on building capacity of national staff.
• Oversee all administrative, contracting, hiring, recruitment, financial, and logistical aspects of the program.
• Coordinate activities between the field office and Counterpart headquarters.
• Ensure the highest quality of project monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and communications.
• Assume financial accountability and ensure successful implementation of the program.
• Ensure compliance with Counterpart and USAID rules and regulations, particularly with respect to financial and grant management.
• Serve as primary liaison to USAID, local and national governmental authorities, local nongovernmental organizations, community organizations, and other donor organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as international development, political science, law, or public policy.
• Minimum of 15 years related experience, the majority of which should be in the field, supporting civil society or governance programs, preferably in Mali or sub-Saharan Africa.
• Minimum of six years of progressively responsible management experience, with significant expertise in administering donor-funded programs in the areas of organizational capacity development, civic participation, accountability, public policy, or advocacy.
• Demonstrated expertise in two or more of the following areas: public administration, civil society development, public service delivery, advocacy and accountability, public-private partnerships, and local capacity development.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, training, and team-building.
• Strong multicultural, interpersonal, and supervision skills.
• Demonstrated ability to give effective presentations and write high quality technical reports.
• Proven ability to work with senior level government and non-government partners in Africa.
• Demonstrated record of championing social inclusion across programming, such as gender integration and inclusion of women, youth, ethnic and religious minorities, and other marginalized communities.
• Previous experience in managing complex USG or bilateral donor-funded projects with large sub-grants portfolio.
• Knowledge of USAID development approaches, as well as understanding of USAID rules and regulations and mandatory reporting requirements.
• Professional level speaking, reading, and writing in English and French.
• A master’s degree in a related field, such as international development, political science, law, or public policy.
• At least four years’ experience as a Chief of Party or Country Director.
• Strong knowledge of Mali’s socio-political context.
Please apply online at www.Counterpart.org. No calls or emails please.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.