This post is about how to connect and or map your purchased 1and1 domain name to Blogger or Blogspot blog. And by reading this article, you will be able to find out what you need to do, what you should do and how you are supposed to go about the entire process of connecting your 1and1.com domain name to your Blogger blog by Google. I have read many questions about the same, and a reason I am sharing this post so that you can know.
Blogger is a free service by Google which grants you access to a free Blogspot sub-domain URL. 1and1.com on the other hand is a domain selling and related services provider where you can buy a domain name to use when its time to develop a website with a custom top level domain. Therefore, this article is all about helping you discover how to map or connect your 1and1 domain name to Blogger so as to use a custom domain covering your free Blogspot. Below are the step by step procedures to map your domain.
Step by step procedures to map / connect 1and1 domain name to Blogger
1. Begin by logging into Blogger account and to the blog you would want to use your top level name.
2. Go to settings and click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog.
3. Under Third-party domain settings, enter your full domain name in the box provided starting with “www” eg www.thekonsulthub.com and save.
4. You will get an error but wit details to do so were by you will copy the codes provided and use then on 1and1.com.
5. Now log into your 1and1.com domain control panel and hit Manage domain (the domain name you want to map).
6. Hit on create subdomain, enter www and save. You should see your new subdomain name created.
7. Repeat create subdomain and created the second one. And the Second name as provider by Blogger eg 54fskxxy6m62 and save. You should as well see your second sub domain name created. Also, how to map Godaddy domain to Blogger.
8. Now hit on manage sub-domains, click on the first you created eg on www.yourdomain.com and hit on the drop down menu on the right hand side. Click on Edit DNS, check box on CName and enter your full domain subdomain name plus ghs.google.com under alias box. The end result should be like “www.yourdomain.com.ghs.google.com”. Save settings when done and accept change prompt.
9. Now hit on manage sub-domains, click on the second you created eg on 54fskxxy6m62.yourdomain.com and hit on the drop down menu on the right hand side. Click on Edit DNS, check box on CName and enter your the corresponding information in Blogger under the second name eg “gv-qiaggyz4jxxx.dv.googlehosted.com” under Alias box. Save settings when done and accept change prompt. Read how to Map the free dot.tk.
You are done. Now return to Blogger and hit the Save settings button. You should see the the saved icon. You should then wait for a period which can be between 24 to 48 hours for your domain to propagate. The time can be less or even more than what you expect.