How To Map/Add/Set Up DOT.TK (Freenon) Domain Names To Blogger
For the past months and years, the Dot.tk (Freenon) domain names have been on an increasing demand by many Bloggers due to the fact that they offer many Webmasters total freedom to do whatever they want and wish on their website and which is not the case with many sub-domain providers due to the limitations their sub-domain names come with. In this article, we are going to look into the possibility of mapping a free dot tk domain name to Google’s Blogger Blogs.
If you are one of those who have been looking for the same procedure, then you must continue reading since by the time you go through this post, your dream will be in position of turning into reality just like it was for me sometime back when I had just entered the Blogging world. Remember, both Blogger Blogs aka Blogspot and the dot tk domain names are 100% free where by it only requires one to create an account on both www.blogger.com and www.dot.tk and once you have created your Blog address, you can go on and create your free dot tk domain name, set it up and have a compete top level domain website within a few minutes, and below are all procedures you must follow.
Creating Your Free Blogger Blog
1. Visit www.blogger.com and create an account or simply sign in with your Google account.
2. Select create new Blog, choose both your Blog name, address, template and create it.
Creating Your Free Dot Tk Domain Name
1. Visit www.dot.tk and select create new account. Verify your email address if required, log in using your user name and password and go to Domain control.
2. Select Add Domain, choose your preferred name and click add new domain. Check circle on Free Domain and click on Next.
5. Input your referer URL which can be your newly created Blogger Blog Address in the field provided (No worry, this is temporary), select Registration length which can be 3 month or even 12 months (can be renewed later before expiry and for free, enter characters as shown and click on next to complete domain creation.
Mapping Your New Dot Tk Domain To Your Newly Created Blogger Blog.
1. Log in to Blogger, select the sub-domain you want to map with your dot tk domain name and click on settings.
2. Under Publishing and next to Blog address, click on Add Custom Domain and enter you tk domain name in the box provided under the Advanced settings for example www.xxxx.tk and hit save.
3. Now log in to your TK control (account), domain control and click on modify on the domain name you want to map to Blogger.
4. In the splash screen which pops up, select Dot TK DNS Service and enter the details which you will copy from your Blogger last page for example the Name, Label or Host field and its destination.
i) Select “CNAME” under Type, write “www” under Host and enter “ghs.google.com” under IP Address all without quotes.
ii) Select “CNAME” again under Type, copy and paste the second first code from your Blogger last page (mapping page) and paste it under Host. It should look like “lh6hlin254qep“, and again, copy and paste the last code ending with “googlehosted.com” for example “gv-4anhaycso205oxw.dv.googlehosted.com” in the IP Address field still without quotes.
iii) Select “A” , leave it blank under name and enter target as “18.104.22.168“. Add 3 more A records with target 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 and save.
5. Click on Save Changes on the DOT TK splash message and wait it to propagate (can take a few minutes or even a day) but usually within 30 minutes time.
6. Now go back to your Blogger (mapping page) and click on save. And depending on your domain propagation, you will see a successful notification and or a failure notification and which means that you will still wait for additional minutes for propagation to occur.
Once you are done, your Blogger domain will start showing your dot tk domain name and everything will be done.