Morocco: Senior Advisor, Local Governance Expert
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Morocco: Senior Advisor, Local Governance Expert
Organization: American Bar Association
Closing date: 29 Oct 2015
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI's host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Local Governance Expert in Rabat to coordinate to coordinate technical assistance to local communal councils throughout Morocco. The focus of this position will be on increasing civil society participation in local governance and building local government capacity to engage in participatory democracy through training and capacity building on and under a new legal framework, as defined by three organic laws that are in place for the first time since the 2011 Constitution's passing. The Local Governance Expert will work with a dedicated Country Director. S/he will be based in Rabat, Morocco and work in close cooperation with ABA ROLI's Washington, D.C. office, as well as with professors at law faculty campuses.
In this position, the Expert will:
- Support the: identification of and engagement with local partners (both CSO and governmental);
- design and implementation of a training program for local communal councils on the new legal framework including for example, legislative drafting, analysis and policy making;
- facilitate dialogue and collaboration between civil society and local communal councils on issues of local governance;
- and support advocacy initiatives related to local governance.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate degree and a minimum of 10 years' experience in international development, particularly local governance and legal empowerment,;
- At least 3-5 years practical experience in training and course development;
- Experience managing donor-funded international legal reform programs preferred;
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
- Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions;
- Working knowledge of MENA region is highly desirable.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted
How to apply:
All applicants must apply through the devex listing:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.