Mozambique: Proposal Development Consultant
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Mozambique: Proposal Development Consultant
Organization: Counterpart International
Closing date: 25 Oct 2015
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Proposal Development Consultant to assist in the development of a USAID proposal that seeks to strengthen the organizational and advocacy capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) working in various sectors including but not limited to health/HIV, education, livelihoods and environment. This consultancy will be based in Maputo, Mozambique. This position will report to the Senior Manager, New Business Development.
LOCAL CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide administrative, program design, partnership development, costing and recruitment support to Counterpart International. In collaboration with a representative from Counterpart Headquarters, the consultant will support the following activities:
• Provide recommendations for local partners in the areas of health/HIV, education, sustainable livelihoods and environment. The consultant will assist with scheduling meetings with these groups.
• Provide recommendations and arrange meetings with government officials for program ideas and support of Counterpart’s proposal.
• Establish meetings with USAID implementing partners and other international donors to develop coordination strategies.
• Attend meetings, take notes and provide translation as needed.
Proposal Planning, Writing and Editing
• Provide background and review written contribution to proposal context and proposal activities (edit / contribute additional information for context and activity sections of proposal)
• Assist with background research (e.g, sector trends, or gender issues) and analysis, as well as collecting and translating/summarizing key government strategies/policies.
• Consultant will provide additional commentary and content to first draft context section to ensure that it is responsive to the RFA and appropriate for the Mozambique context.
• Help disseminate job descriptions for local staff and identify potential candidates.
• Provide average salaries for local staff, operational, travel, and activity costs based on a pricing template provided by Counterpart. Complete spreadsheet with best estimate of costs based on the template. RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS: LOCAL MOZAMBIQUE CANDIDATES STRONGLY PREFERRED
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with civil society development, citizen engagement and advocacy in Mozambique.
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Political Science, Public Health or other relevant field of study.
• Technical experience or general familiarity in several of the following areas: civil society and CSO capacity building, civic engagement, health/HIV, education, sustainable livelihoods or environment.
• English oral and written fluency required; must be fluent in Portuguese.
• Preferred past experience with USAID development programs in Mozambique and an understanding of their development approaches and techniques related to civil society.
• Prior experience working on proposal development and proposal assessments preferred, especially with USAID.
Please apply online at www.Counterpart.org. No calls or emails please.
Counterpart International is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.