Mozambique: Team Leader Agriculture Programme (working knowledge of Portuguese)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Mozambique: Team Leader Agriculture Programme (working knowledge of Portuguese)
Organization: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Closing date: 30 Sep 2015
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation in Mozambique seeks to fill the following position (**Contingent on Donor Approval)**:
Duty Station- Niassa Province, Lichinga (Maputo is not an option)
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a +100 million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
SNV Netherlands Development organisation, has worked in Mozambique since 1996. SNV Mozambique is currently implementing twenty projects (portfolio value 24 million euro), of which fourteen are part of the agricultural programme in Mozambique (16 million euro). SNV has become renowned for its market-based approach to agricultural development in Mozambique. SNV’s approach addresses bottlenecks throughout the chain and focuses on the areas below:
- Inclusive Business
- Value Chain Development
- Good agricultural practices
- Value chain financing Gender and youth
The strategic objective of the project is to progress in 4 districts in Niassa province (Mozambique) to ensure nutritious food security, create 2,000 jobs for women and youth and to increase income by 30% of 10,000 farming households of the 15,000 chronically food insecure households there. Our market-based Inclusive Business approach enables increased production for smallholder farmers by providing them with sustainable access to markets, modern farm inputs, extension services and finance that are critical to sustainable and increased productivity of both food and cash crops.
Overview of the Position
Lead the implementation and manage project team within the scope, budget, timeline and quality levels prescribed in the contract signed with the donor and according to SNV’s standards and approaches. The project requires an effective gender and environment strategy, and innovative approaches in market based solutions incorporating ICT technologies to be developed. As a new project unit which will operate from an independent premise, the team leader will need to establish an office from scratch, manage 1.5 years of inception with a likely implementation phase of 4.5 years.
- Lead, manage relationships and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders; maintaining a milestone dashboard to track progress and performance;
- Manage and account for full compliance of administrative, finance and HR components of the project ensuring timely quality narrative and financial reporting and setup new office(s);
- Forecast adjustments in personnel needs of the project, take lead in recruitment and selection processes and manage project team including partners and consultants;
- Formulate (as required) and implement an M&E plan (including internal and external reviews and evaluations);
- Report project progress to the donor and to relevant stakeholders including government;
- Develop a strong gender strategy and lead its effective implementation;
- Take lead in improving the project’s effectiveness, models and approaches;
- Based on sound and participative analysis and consultation develop long-term development approach for 25,000 farming households in Niassa on food security, increased (self-)employment and increased income with a strong emphasis on Youth and Women issues;
- Capacity building of farmer groups, local (BDS) service providers and MSME’s;
- Ensure that the project takes a strong market-oriented Inclusive Business approach and advise companies in implementing innovative inclusive models;
- Build and maintain an effective network of key government officials, private sector development actors and development practitioners;
- Contribute to the further development of the consortium GAPI/SNV programme in Mozambique (strategy, practical support).
- At least 10 years’ experience of working in agricultural development programmes focusing on market sector development, M4P/Inclusive Business solutions in value chain development;
- Demonstrated experience in inclusive business models, capacity building of farmers groups and local service providers, market linkages facilitation and private sector (SME) development;
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-stakeholder cooperation including government authorities;
- Knowledge of Sida project management and reporting requirement is essential;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative writing and analytical skills;
- Understand key approaches of monitoring & evaluation and have sound knowledge of effective extension services;
- Proven people and result oriented leadership with excellent management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation, networking and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in English language and working knowledge of Portuguese language is required;
- Working experience in Southern/Eastern Africa, Mozambique will be an advantage.
Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension
Salary Scale:SNV offers a competitive salary and secondary benefits
Expected Start Date: December 2015 (**Contingent on Donor Approval)**Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
How to apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation to our online recruitment system by clicking onhttps://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/332011 *before*30 September 2015.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.