If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Myanmar: Programme Officer – Humanitarian
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 13 Oct 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 12 months, unaccompanied
The Programme Officer, under the direction of the Rakhine Humanitarian Manager, will play a key role supporting all aspects of the programme cycle, providing support to field teams in Rakhine as well as to new emergency responses, where necessary. The role encompasses effective grant and information management of all Rakhine humanitarian and early recovery progammes. In addition, the post holder will support with proposal/budget development, staff capacity building, MEAL and provide surge support during emergency responses.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years' experience in related field (officer level)
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to field offices and ability to work with teams in both Yangon and the field.
- Understanding and experience working with the award management cycle, including field-level project implementation, financial management, and working against log frames
- Previous international experience working in multi-sector emergency responses
- Demonstrable experience and ability to prepare clear and well written donor reports, experience in report coordination
- Demonstrable financial and budget management experience
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities and work calmly under pressure
- Proactive and solutions focussed
- Proven team working skills, adaptability and flexibility
- Competent in using email and computer packages such as Word and Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected].aplitrak.com'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.