Myanmar: Senior Budget & Programming Associate GS-7
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Myanmar: Senior Budget & Programming Associate GS-7
Organization: World Food Programme
Closing date: 05 Oct 2015
World Food Programme Myanmar – Vacancy Announcement
Contract type : Fixed Term Contract GS-7
Post title : Senior Budget & Programming Associate
Number of Post : One
Duty Station : Yangon
Report To : Head of Supply Chain Management Unit
Required Period of Service : One Year (Extendable)
Deadline for application : 5 October 2015
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Head, Supply Chain Management Unit and overall supervision of Deputy Country Director, the Senior Budget & Programming Associate will have to perform the following duties:
· Act as an escalation point in providing procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of budget and programming, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
· Review budget plans, monitor and conduct comprehensive analysis of project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources.
· Review and provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process.
· Support pipeline management ensuring efficient planning and monitoring, to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximise operational effectiveness.
· Actively participate and contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation.
· Review and/or enter project budget plans and revisions in the corporate systems, to ensure data is timely and accurately captured enabling easy access to information and supporting planning and decision-making.
· Review and analyse complex data, and prepare comprehensive periodic and ad hoc reports, to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
· Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders regarding complex project funds management matters and related processes, to resolve any current/potential issues preventing from optimisation of funds.
· Co-ordinate and supervise work of other support staff, and support their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to ensure continued development and consistency in services delivered.
· Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
· Other as required.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
At least six years of progressively responsible related work experience in programme, budget, finance, logistics or related area, as well as typically at least one year at the G6 level or equivalent. Has experience coaching and training high-potential staff or new staff members to contribute to a variety of budget analyses. Has supported the design and improvement of budgetary management techniques. Has coordinated project management activities.
Ability to compile and interpret data from various sources in the preparation of financial and budgetary reports. Proficiency in relevant software and evidence of previous experience requiring the use of tools and techniques for analysing financial and budgetary information. Good understanding of a project cycle. Knowledge of WFP systems and policies, rules and regulations and procedures relating to managing finance and budgets
Good communication skills required to exchange information and co-ordinate with a variety of individuals from national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Fluency in both oral and written English and Myanmar.
Critical Success Factors:
Sound judgment; ability to extract, interpret, analyse and format data and to resolve operational problems. Ability to work with minimum of supervision; to supervise and train support staff; and to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure; to deal patiently and tactfully with staff members and others and to have a high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment. Good administrative and supervisory skills; ability to plan and organize work and to train and motivate support and administrative staff in a country office.
Training and/or experience using MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other WFP software.
How to apply:
Please send applications to: Human Resources Unit
Senior Budget & Programming Associate, GS-7 (Yangon)
United Nations World Food Programme
No. 5, Kanbawza Street
Shwe Taung Kyar 2 Ward
Email to: [email protected]
(This is A Local position: only Myanmar Nationals are eligible to apply)
Note: Applications are invited from Interested Myanmar nationals. Interested candidates should submit their application with updated UN P-11 Form, relevant educational certificates showing highest level of educational attainment and the names and contact information of three references.Please mention in the applications if there is, blood/marriage relationships with the existing WFP employees. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please do not send original documents as they will not be returned.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.