If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Niger: International Consultant – Video/Film maker
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
International consultant – video/film maker
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Niger is looking at receiving CV of an international video and/or film maker for a short-term consultancy to produce a full-length documentary based on the information campaign project “Supporting informed migrations in Niger” (Niamey and Agadez).Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
The overall aim of this video documentary is to provide high quality, impactful, reliable and updated audiovisual material about main beneficiaries of the project (West African and Nigerien migrants heading towards Europe) in Niger.
Within the context of the ongoing information campaign project “Supporting informed migrations” conducted by IOM Niger, to present a comprehensive image about migrant’s motivations, conditions of live, expectations, challenges and experiences faced by irregular West African irregular migrants heading towards Europe seeking for hope.
Full-length documentary and short video materials produced will be disseminated through all IOM
channels, websites and other platforms.
The documentary will collect / explore :
• Beneficiaries testimonies on their motivations, conditions of live, expectations, challenges and experiences;
• Key socio-political and cultural migration-linked information of the country;
• Explore debate between regular and irregular migration (Niger being the latest stop of
ECOWAS free movement for regular migrants before choosing becoming irregulars);
• Capitalize national values and culture of Niger around migration;
Tasks and responsibility to be performed:
The consultant, in coordination with IOM, and under the direct supervision of the Project Manager of
the above-mentioned project, will lead this process and is expected to undertake the following activities:
• Production of a solid storyline according to revised strategic documents produced by IOM Niger in the framework of the “Supporting informed migration decisions in Niger”.
• Organize, conduct and report field audiovisual collection missions in the targeted regions: identification of key departure/arrival areas, group and one-to-one surveys with key actors, shooting;
• Storyline, editing and needed arrangements using appropriate software package;
• Drafting the final documents, share it with IOM for comments and prepare the final report;
• Coordination with IOM for final dissemination;
Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment:
1. Development of the storyline
2. Video documentary with French and English subtitles
3. Report brief submitted to IOM timely
The assignment is expected to be completed within four months from the date of commencement. It is scheduled to take place between January and April 2016.
Performance indicators for evaluation of final output:
• Satisfactory completion of tasks;
• Quality of the audiovisual & photo material;
• Impactful and country-tailored material;
• Timely delivery of outlines and/or drafts;
• Compliance with IOM Style Guidelines;
• Delivery of any other tasks indicated above.
Payment: The payment will be based on the submission of deliverables listed above.
Desired Background and Experience:
The consultant should demonstrate the following combination of professional experience, qualifications and skills matching the standards required by the assignment:
• Demonstrated skills and consolidated experience in video/film making;
• Experience with IOM is a requirement;
• Understanding of migration patterns in West Africa and social dynamics involving communication issues is an asset;
• Awareness of the cultural and social sensitivities surrounding irregular migration;
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality material under tight timeframes;
• Demonstrated fluency in French. Fluency in English and/or Spanish is an asset;
The consultant is an experienced video/film maker with full-length video documentary solid expertise, preferably having a good understanding of IOM projects and migration social sensitivities.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV in English and a motivation letter, indicating the dates of availability for deployment / field work, by email to [email protected] , listing in the email subject: Call for CV – International video/film maker – “Supporting informed migrations in Niger”.
CV should be received before November, 30th, 2015. Please note that this is only a short-term (fourth months) consultancy opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.