If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Niger: Science and data lead
Closing date: 22 Oct 2015
Chemonics seeks a science and data lead for the anticipated five-year, USAID- and NASA-funded SERVIR project. SERVIR aims to increase resilience to climate change by expanding the use of geospatial technologies for environmental adaptation and landscape management in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Senegal, and Niger. The project will strengthen the capacity of regional partners and institutions to integrate geospatial technologies into development decision-making. The science and data lead will be based at the AGRHYMET headquarters in Niamey, Niger, and work closely with the organization. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Liaise directly with AGRHYMET Niger and provide support to the organization and partners to improve awareness and access to geospatial data, products, and tools through appropriate platforms
- Develop new high quality user-tailored tools, applications, and models to address on-the-ground priorities
- Enable data sharing among collaborators and partners
- Serve as lead technical contact with the NASA science team
- Review and make decisions on technical approaches
- Contribute to the technical components on reportsFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
- Master's degree in GIS, remote sensing, geography, natural resource management, or other relevant field
- Minimum seven years of experience in developing user or client-driven geospatial tools, or applications, including modeling, database management, and data quality control
- Project management experience focused on geospatial or other science-based tools desired
- Familiarity with proprietary and open source software for spatial analysis and data management
- Record of productive engagement with government stakeholders or other clients/users of geospatial tools and applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by October 22, 2015. Please include "science and data lead" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification formand submit it separately to [email protected] only "science and data lead – SERVIR"| in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.