Niger: User engagement lead
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Niger: User engagement lead
Closing date: 22 Oct 2015
Chemonics seeks a user engagement lead for the anticipated five-year, USAID- and NASA-funded SERVIR project. SERVIR aims to increase resilience to climate change by expanding the use of geospatial technologies for environmental adaptation and landscape management in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Senegal, and Niger. The project will strengthen the capacity of regional partners and institutions to integrate geospatial technologies into development decision-making. The user engagement lead will be based in Niamey, Niger. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Work closely with the science and data lead, as well as with technical staff, to develop products, tools, and training to ensure that necessary user engagement activities are planned and that the right mix of skills are in place for engaging users effectively
- Design approaches and templates that guide systematic user engagement
- Collaborate with other key personnel to define roles and responsibilities for completing user engagement tasks
- Ensure that all SERVIR activities:
- Systematically identify stakeholders and assess their needs
- Develop user engagement strategies to ensure stakeholder involvement upfront, in design and prototyping and in uptake and maintenance
- Regularly contribute information to the user database and other knowledge management tools related to user engagement and outreach
- Master's degree in in international development, sustainable development, environmental science, natural resource management, adult education, or other relevant field
- Minimum seven years of experience in international development approaches relevant to this position, including engaging with users of geospatial applications including policymakers, communities, students, and practitioners
- Ability to identify relevant collaboration partners within and outside the institution
- Maintain existing linkages and effectively communicate with stakeholders on different levels
- Proven record of productive engagement with government institutions, NGOs, and scientists
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental and development context of West Africa
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by October 22, 2015. Please include "user engagement lead" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification formand submit it separately to [email protected] only "user engagement lead – SERVIR" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.