Nigeria: Deputy Country Director Program – Abuja, Nigeria
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Nigeria: Deputy Country Director Program – Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Closing date: 13 Oct 2015
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by …
leading our dynamic team of technical coordinators to scale up our multi-sectorial response in Nigeria. You will play a key role in coordinating our life-saving programs in a difficult environment, providing technical experts with essential strategic direction to ensure effective program activities.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Overseeing the work of all Technical Coordinators to maximize the impact & quality of all program activities, in line with the mission’s strategic plan.
- Leading the program development process, with a focus on robust & appropriate programming
- Regularly visiting all ACF’s field projects & participating in exploratory missions & assessments.
- Acting as an effective liaison between program & support departments to ensure the timely identification & resolution of key issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with partners & other actors in Juba. Building relationships with authorities & community leaders in ACF’s field sites.
- Advising technical supervisors on their project staffing plans & assisting with local recruitment.
Does this description fit you?
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional
- You have a Master’s degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Politics or another related field
- You have completed additional training in security management, project cycle management, donor compliance, operational strategic planning or other skills relevant to working in humanitarian contexts
- At least 5 years’ experience working in complex humanitarian emergencies, preferably leading projects with multiple funding streams & ambitious multi-sectorial objectives
You aim to deliver innovative, quality programming
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are passionate about finding creative solutions & innovative approaches to long-standing & critical problems.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate technical analysis, mission strategy, as well as donor policies & procedures, to suit different audiences – both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to consolidate & polish contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent. You identify & support less experienced technical managers to improve their reporting skills.
Your leadership style reinforces trust within your team
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You model to your direct reports how to adapt your communication style to suit colleagues from other cultures & professions. You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.