Pakistan: Deputy Programme Manager
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Pakistan: Deputy Programme Manager
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 02 Dec 2015
Position Title : Deputy Programme Manager
Duty Station : Islamabad, Pakistan
Classification : Professional Staff, UG
Type of Appointment : Special short term
Five months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : December 02, 2015 Reference Code : CFCV2015/24(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Islamabad and direct supervision of the Programme Manager/Chief of Party, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Programme implementation support activities including managing the IT/Database, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Grants, Reporting and Technical/Engineering units as well as the media outreach, agriculture/livelihoods, gender. Primary among the duties of this post is the maintenance of proper documentation for each grant.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage the staff of the IT/Database, Technical/Engineering, Grants and Monitoring and Evaluation departments and provide managerial support in other areas of the Programme as needed. Develop Terms of References (ToRs) and provide trainings as needed.
Closely review the narrative, technical and budget components of all grants and reports and ensure they capture all aspects required to fulfil the goals and objectives of the Programme. Develop, implement and strengthen the reporting system of Programmatic activity for donors, Programme partners and the administration. Provide to the donor weekly activity notes/grant updates, weekly upload of database on OTI anywhere, and all other requested grant-related information.
Oversee the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the Programme to ensure that the Monitoring and Evaluations strategies and procedures are properly followed. Develop and update the Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and review them as required.
Supervise the Media assistant; oversee the development and implementation of the media outreach strategy in order to create visibility that will enable the Programme to achieve its objectives. Review media plans, Press Releases and other documents developed for the media outreach strategy to ensure the correct messaging, according to donor and government requirements.
Oversee the Technical/Engineering unit to insure that the unit is well organized to prepare, design and review all engineering drawings and Bills of Quantities (BoQs) for the infrastructure projects in a timely manner. Review the technical capacity of the local implementers for infrastructure projects and provide recommendations and participate in the development of more rigorous technical assessment mechanisms.
Oversee the IT/Database department to ensure that all steps of the grant activity cycle are scrupulously observed especially hardcopy and electronic (namely OTI Anywhere and database “Document Registry”) documents for all grants are properly filed and in order; retrieve data in a systematic fashion, and ensure appropriate institutional memory.
Support the capacity building of local partner organizations, particularly in the areas of financial and activity tracking and verification and Monitoring and Evaluation. Support the M&E teams as required.
Be proactive in identifying bottlenecks and problems in grant implementation procedures and suggest changes in the Activity Cycle to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) /Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) to increase Programme efficiency.
Produce reports and run queries on the database as requested by the Programme Manager, donors or others in a rapid fashion. Develop reporting templates and refine existing mechanisms as required.
Liaise with the donor to revise and update the database, including submission of grant, budget and grant amendments, if required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
• Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
• Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
• Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
• Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Displays mastery of subject matter;
• Contributes to a collegial team environment;
• Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
• Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
• Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
• Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in Management, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Operational activities in a post-conflict area working with USAID Programmes, preferably with OTI;
• Significant database experience, preferably with Microsoft Access required;
• Experience working in the fields of infrastructure and media desired;
• Experience in graphic design, PowerPoint or other software to generate sophisticated reporting;
• Experience working long hours under highly stressful conditions on high profile Programmes in insecure, post-crisis and/or culturally challenging environments with limited movement and infrequent social interactions; and extensive experience working under UNDSS security rules in insecure environments.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of regional language(s) is an advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by December 02, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.