Pakistan: Proposal Development Manager (Fluency in English and Urdu)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Pakistan: Proposal Development Manager (Fluency in English and Urdu)
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Closing date: 04 Dec 2015
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & conflict-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision and guidance of the Coordinator Program Development & Quality, the Proposal Development Manager will work with programs, technical units and field offices to ensure program quality improvement; this includes but is not limited to managing internal and external reporting with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely reports that meet donor and IRC requirements, working with program staff as they develop concepts and proposals, and tracking potential funding opportunities that further IRC Pakistan's Country Program Strategic Plan and the relevant program sector strategies.
- Support the Coordinator Program Development & Quality in working closely with Program/Sector Coordinators and finance team on proposal development through the development of timelines
- Under the guidance of the Coordinator Program Development & Quality, identify and track new business opportunities.
- Assist the Coordinator Program Development & Quality and program team with drafting proposals and concepts so that IRC Pakistan has an updated bank of concepts, log frames and budgets to quickly respond to calls for proposals.
- Acquire and disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (proposals and reports) and other donor related information.
- Produce and update reports for internal and external purposes on IRC's current grants, opportunities, emergency intervention and any other required update.
- Support all proposal writing with programs and finance, ensuring high-quality, well-written and timely proposals meeting donor and IRC requirements, with guidance from the Program M&E Coordinator
- Support the organization and follow-up of grant opening meetings, monthly grant reviews, and grant close out meetings
- Monitor IRC report quality, working with program staff to improve overall reporting and ensure all elements of proposals/agreements are clearly and consistently addressed, with support from the Coordinator Program Development & Quality.
- Maintain grant files regularly to record new grant information, prepare and update record files for new grants when approved
- Draft budget narrative to accompany proposal as needed.
- Perform other duties, including administrative, as necessary and/or as requested.
- Work with commitment, integrity and accountability to the "IRC Way" – Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
Education: Master degree in Social Sciences, or relevant field.
Work Experience: At least 3 (three) years of work experience in writing proposals including developing budgets in coordination with program/finance team
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Outstanding drafting skills in English.
- Clear and precise writing style.
- Logical thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of logical framework, program design and budgets highly desired.
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations desired (e.g. BPRM, USAID, ECHO, DFID, EuropeAid, SIDA)
Language Skills: Good written and spoken English and Urdu skills;
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2F0cmluYW1pbGxlci4xNTMxNC4zODMwQGlyYy5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.