If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Palau: Programme Manager Humanitarian Disarmament
Organization: Norwegian People's Aid
Closing date: 25 Sep 2015
Norwegian People’s Aid is a humanitarian organisation rooted in the Norwegian Labour Movement. We work with International Development Partnerships, Humanitarian Disarmament, Rescue Service and First Aid, and Asylum and Integration. Norwegian People’s Aid has more than 12000 members in Norway and 2400 staff worldwide. We work in 39 countries around the world, and in 2015 we will have an expected turnover of 920 MNOK.
Background:FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) has been involved in humanitarian mine action since 1992 and is one of the leading humanitarian demining organisations worldwide. Together with national authorities and other stakeholders are we working to resolve problems faced by local communities caused by landmines and other explosive remnants of war. Currently NPA has 21 Humanitarian Disarmament Programmes on-going in the Balkans, Southern Africa, Horn of Africa, Central Asia, South East Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
NPA seeks an experienced Programme Manager (PM) to support and run operations in the Republic of Palau in the Western Pacific Ocean. The contract period will be six (6) months.
The position is based in the Republic of Palau, part of the Micronesia island group in the Western Pacific Ocean, with possible extensive travel between the islands of the republic.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the PM includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage and supervise all NPA activities in Palau, and conduct prioritisation and planning of survey and clearance operations, including:
- Liaison with local, national and international agencies
- Risk Assessment, Impact Assessment and Post-clearance assessment
- EOD operations
- Logistics and finance
- Management of teams and personnel
- Plan and conduct initial training of local staff in survey and clearance techniques and procedures
- Plan and conduct technical and managerial training of local staff to build local capacity
- Plan and conduct capacity building activities together with national authorities, including development of a National Database Unit in country
- Provide financial and logistical oversight in country
- Provide progress reports on technical, operational and administrative matters
- Recruitment of national staff required for the implementation of the programme
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for NPA Palau
- Evaluation and review of all technical procedures utilised to ensure safe and most efficient deployment of programme assets
- Any other task or duty as assigned by the Humanitarian Disarmament Department
The position requires education and/or experience in survey (NTS/TS) and clearance as well as EOD. Skills in project management, including financial and operational planning, are required, together with good communication skills, ability to work with capacity building and to motivate and train national staff.
Relevant experience would encompass the following:
- Relevant education or equivalent qualifications (result focused mine action NGO or commercial EOD work, relief and development programmes or military qualifications)
- Proven ability to manage survey and clearance operations, including motivating and leading a team
- Good knowledge of IMAS, NMAS and land release principles
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems in the mine action environment
- Skills and experience in the land release process
- Skills and experience in capacity building of national mine action authorities
- Skills and experience in project management or equivalent
- Track record of establishing and maintaining effective professional relations with relevant stakeholders, in particular local and national authorities (civilian and military), local communities and other development agencies
- Hands on mine action experience with survey, clearance, EOD, BAC, mechanical and/or animal detection is an advantage
- Skills and experience of planning and conducting EOD ‘callout’ or ‘roving’ operations is an advantage
- Good command of English
- Driving licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure and limited supervision
- Ability to work in and adapt to difficult and complex cultures and conditions
- Excellent health
How to apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit NPA's website.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.