Papua New Guinea: Communications & Marketing Director
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Papua New Guinea: Communications & Marketing Director
Organization: Population Services Intl.
Country: Papua New Guinea
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
****TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING DIRECTOR****
DEPARTMENT: PAPUA NEW GUINEA (PNG)/ASIA AND EE
****DATE: OCTOBER 2015****
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI's core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visitwww.psi.org*.*
PSI seeks candidates for the position of Communications & Marketing Director. The candidate will be part of the Senior Management Team of PSI/PNG, and will work (manage, coach and guide) with the Communications, Research, Sales and SRH Managers to ensure high quality and evidence based marketing and communication practices are embedded in the PSI/PNG culture. The position will also provide the necessary marketing technical guidance within a wide range of health areas including Malaria and TB prevention, testing and treatment; service delivery among Most at-risk Populations (MARPS); diarrhea prevention via Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) activities; improvement of sexual and reproductive health. The candidate will also be responsible for the direct implementation of PSI’s gender based violence programs, as well as the MARPs program implemented in strict coordination with the National AIDS Council Secretariat (NACS) and the secretariat of the Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP) of the government of Papua New Guinea. The position is based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with travel as necessary, reports to the Country Representative and will supervise a small team in the head office.
Marketing & Communications
- Ensure development and implementation of evidence based product marketing plans and targeted communication plans.
- Provide guidance to the PSI/PNG platform to develop and implement innovative communications
- Develop brand guidelines, strategic documents, and other materials.
- Lead the development of annual DELTA plans for all products delivered by PSI/PNG.
- Assist the platform in proactively improve programming and external engagement with donors;
- Work closely with NACS and the MARPs Technical Advisor of HHISP to ensure adequate implementation of the MARPs project (quality outcomes, timeline and deliverables).
Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Guide the Research Manager during the implementation of research related activities throughout different phases of field work, data collection, analysis, reporting;
- Ensure development of study designs, based on program’s needs, with the support of regional technical backstopping team;
- Liaise with regional support teams for Eastern Asia;
- Lead the upgrade/improvement of M&E systems in the platform and the introduction of DHS2;
- Guide the Sales Manager in revising and adhering to the marketing strategy for distribution and sales of condoms and other health products in PNG;
- Maintain contacts with key clients and partners;
- Assist the platform in improve understanding and acceptability of social marketing;
- Support the CCP in the development and implementation of appropriate Total Market Approach (TMA) strategies and condom demand-driving activities;
Capacity Development and program support to the PSI/PNG platform
- Continuously assess progress of teams and individuals, adjusting technical inputs based on the needs required to meet organizational and individual objectives.
- Assist senior management staff to establish and enforce platform policies and procedures in order to achieve PSI Minimum Standards.
- Mentor and coach managers on the effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of their programs, particularly in respect of key deliverables and with the ultimate objective to build their skills to work independently.
- Raise the performance of key line managers and the teams they lead, creating a culture of shared leadership and ownership of programs and processes.
- Support the platform with writing of donor’s reports, proposals and other key programmatic literature.
- Responsible for overseeing the SRH department and for the adequate implementation of GBV/RH and FP programs
- Meeting donor’s deliverables;
- Timely submission of donor’s reports;
- Accurate monitoring of budget expenditures per line items and overall burn rates against approved work plans;
- Participate actively in partner meetings, working groups and other coordinating bodies (Ex. CCP).
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or equivalent experience in related field
- Minimum 5 years international experience with a health or marketing organization
- Minimum 4 years demonstrated staff management and project oversight
- Experience developing and managing budgets and work plans essential
- In addition to marketing/communication capacity, technical expertise in MARPs programming and implementation essential
- Knowledge of cross-cutting public health issues (HIV, maternal and child health and reproductive health) and strong interest and experiences in private sector marketing experience and/or social marketing.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office
- Excellent writing and presentation skills essential
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences and organizations essential
- Familiarity with PSI’s performance framework for social marketing and communications or experience in using behavioral research to guide programmatic decisions
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of the Pacific/Melanesia
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a knowledge of private sector approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
This position is available for international and national applicants living in PNG, although must be highlighted that international allowances such as housing and education for dependents will NOT be provided.
****Please send your applications to email:****[email protected]****.****Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
How to apply:
If you think you have what it takes to perform in this position than forward your application to email: [email protected]
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.