Philippines: Base Logistician, Filipino Nationals Only (for pooling – subject for possible funding)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Philippines: Base Logistician, Filipino Nationals Only (for pooling – subject for possible funding)
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Closing date: 31 Dec 2015
The Base Logistician is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all logistic components in the base. His/her objective is to provide the best and most efficient Logistics support to the Base implementing response programmes/projects in the Philippines.
Objective 1: Logistic support to the Emergency Response
- Participate in any needs assessments or exploratory missions if requested in disaster affected areas in the Philippines.
- Participate in the opening and set up of new bases
- Ensure that ACF infrastructure is adequately set up in terms of offices, guest house,warehousing and storage facilities.
- Ensure that ACF’s logistics and quality control procedures are implemented through the use of KitlogV3
- Represent the Base logistics when appropriate with external organisations such as the Logistics Cluster.
- Provide effective and timely field logistics support to the Emergency response projects: WASH, Food Security etc
Support and supervision of the supply chain:
- Implementation and monitoring of the procurement and quality control tools
- Ensure transparency and accountability in all aspects of procurement and other supply chain procedures
- Establish strong relations with local suppliers and set up a supplier data base
- Implement ACF-E supply chain procedures and compliance with donor regulations
- Responsible for adherence to the charter of principles and the ethics code. Implementation of the anti-fraud policy within the logistics department
- Ensure effective use and maintenance of ACF communications equipment such as satellite phones, BGAN’s and VHF radios
- Analysis of new requirements and the cost/efficiency of existing systems
- Ensure that all ACF equipment is registered and accounted for according to KitlogV3
- Manage and maintain equipment according to internal and donors’ guidelines
- Ensure the correct and documented transfer of equipment on completion of projects
Fleet Management Support:
- Fleet planning (renewal, monitoring) and the establishment of usage rules according to requirements
- Management and supervision of mission transport and vehicles (rented and purchased).
- Supervision and planning of vehicle movements within the response affected areas.
- Initiate and/or monitor the maintenance and control of vehicles in accordance with Kit Log v3 procedures
Warehousing and storage facilities:
- Locate and maintain warehousing and/or storage facilities where required
- Management and distribution of emergency stock where required.
- Maintain efficient stock control procedures according to KitlogV3
- Maintain regular and effective communication wit the country Logistics Coordinator/Emergency Logistics Coordinator
- Provide logistics updates and reports to Logistics Coordinator as required.
- Setting up and managing emergency stocks where required
Objective 2: Management of Security
- Assist Logistics Coordinator in the Management and implemenation of the mission’s security rules:
- Contribute to the context analysis
- Contribute to the gathering of security related information (UN, embassies, NGO, local authorities)
- Collaborate in the design and updating of security plans (with the Head of Base) and all their associated documents
- Responsible for the monitoring of the country’s security rules
- Ensure availability of all equipment (vehicles, communication…) and its maintenance
- Deputise for the Head of Base as security manager when required.
Objective 3: Management of the Logistics HR
- Participate in recruitment and training of National Logistics staff
- Play a key role in the capacity building of national logistics staff.
- Define responsibilities and create job descriptions
- Participate in the briefing/debriefing of the national logistical teams
Academic Background:Graduate in Logistics, Engineering or similar
Desirable specific/ technical Knowledge: ACF procedures and KitLog V3.
Previous experience needed: Previous experience in the humanitarian and stock management would be an asset
Personal requirements: Professional and transparent. Team spirit and good communication skills. Organized and rigorous. Ability to quickly integrate and understand working environment.
Languages Skills: English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written)
Computer Skills : Windows Domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel
Mobility (national & international) YES
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on ACF grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
How to apply:
We will only consider CV’s received by email. Interested candidates should send: A letter of motivation, updated CV and the details of 2 contacts from the human resource department that can provide professional references for the last two work experiences (We could ask for references also to different managers from the ones that you facilitated us. If you don’t agree, please let us know it.)
PLEASE send all applications citing the following reference PH/GEN/BASE LOG to:
The Human Resources department will contact only those pre-selected for an interview. For candidates who are not in Manila, interviews will be via skype.
For the final job offer, it will be necessary to present all the professional experience certificates.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline – December 31, 2015
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.