If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Philippines: Medical Field Officer based in Butuan City (For Philippine Nationals Only)
Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
The Medical Field Officer contributes to the overall implementation of ICRC health programs in Mindanao with main focus on access to first aid, essential medical care and physical rehabilitation for weapon wounded patients. He/she reports directly to Senior Medical Field Officer in Davao.
- Maintains and expands network of health facilities in Caraga Region, including contacts with social welfare services to ensure weapon wounded patients have access to appropriate medical care
- Participates in assessments of health structures and services in Caraga region as well as the population who has access to these services
- Identifies health facilities and communities to be supported by the ICRC assistance programs
- Sustains close communication and coordination with regional health authorities and external partners to ensure smooth implementation of the ICRC Health activities
- Organises and participates in First Aid training for RHUs and communities in chosen areas
- Identifies training needs, support in planning and organisation of training workshops for medical professionals from ICRC supported hospitals.
- Participates in integrated detention visits in Caraga region to assess the health services, inmates health status and their access to health care
- Plans and implement specific interventions in close collaboration with the Protection-Detention department if needed
- Maintains a network of contacts with the chapters of Philippines Red Cross in Caraga.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports on significant health events, meetings with interlocutors and regular activitiesFREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Minimum required profile:
- A Registered Nurse or a Medical Doctor
- At least 4-year practical experience in the medical field
- Good knowledge of public health and local services
- Fluent in written and spoken English and local dialects
- Possession of team leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Good analytical skills
- Experience in working with the administration of health and medical structures in the Philippines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop a network of contacts
- Aware and respectful of professional and institutional ethics, particularly with respect to confidentiality
- Reliable and organized person; able to achieve proper follow-up of the program, management of files/records and ability to work independently
- Flexible and open-minded personality
- Ability to take initiative and work both in a team and independently
- Be willing and ready to travel in all parts of the Philippines
- Possession of a valid driving license with good driving skills
- Previous work experience with humanitarian organisations
- Previous work experience as a First-Aid Trainer
- Proficiency in local dialect/s (e.g. Visayan, Surigaonon, Kamayo, Hilligayon etc.) of Caraga
- Familiarity with geographical areas and cultural context of Caraga region
- Familiarity with the work of the Red Cross movement in general
Closing date of application: 30 November 2015
Duration of contract: open-ended
Contract start: January 2016
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive resume with cover letter and a copy of valid NBI Clearance to [email protected] with subject line: SURNAME First Name – DAV Medical Field Officer.*Your letter, resume & NBI copy must be sent in one pdf file.*
Sub-delegation office address: 4/F Central Plaza Bldg. 1, J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.