Philippines: WASH Program Manager, Filipino Nationals Only (for pooling – subject for possible funding)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Philippines: WASH Program Manager, Filipino Nationals Only (for pooling – subject for possible funding)
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Closing date: 31 Dec 2015
To support the WASH Referent in the definition, implementation, coordination and monitoring of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs/projects in the country
Objective 1: Strategy
- To be fully aware of ACF technical policy papers, module and protocols and support the promotion of it among the team and implemented
- Collect and update information on WASH indicators and strategies nationwide and per LGUs for identification of potential areas of priorities
- Assist and support the definition and consolidation of WASH strategies for the mission in coordination with Head of Project/Programs (HoPs) and Coordination team.
- Assist WASH technical Referent in reviewing and updating programs and implementation strategies according to the contextual changes base on the regular updates of the WASH indicators.
- Ensure ACF’s core area of intervention (DRR/Nut/FSL/GG and Gender) and strategies are integrated in WASH programs and projects
Objective 2: Proposal and Reports
- Support the identification of WASH needs, intervention, designing strategy and activities
- Support the identification and development of partnership with both and public organization in the bases.
- Assist WASH Technical Referent in proposal writing in line with approved WASH strategy and donor guidelines in coordination with HoPs
- Ensure the timely report submission of external report (donor/partner etc) by the the HoPs and transmit them to the WASH Technical Referent for review and validation.
- Ensure the timely submission of internal reports by HoP’s according for the mission reporting guideline and format (monthly Activity Progress Reports and work plan etc) and submit to the WASH technical Referent for review. Prepare reports/updates to all stakeholders/partners/donors depending on the need and as per mission requirement
Objective 3: Program Implementation
- Monitor the timely and quality implementation of ACF technical policy, position papers, module and protocols in ACF projects in the country and report the output to the WASH Technical Referent.
- Review WASH implementation plans and follow-up closely in coordination with WASH referent
- Follow up field activities through HoPs and field visit
- Support the WASH referent and ACF mission in the implementation, monitoring and follow-up WASH activities in other bases upon the request to of referent, technical coordinator or operation director
- Report to the WASH Referent on the evaluation and analysis of the project/program and context observed during field monitoring visits (from field team, discussion with other actors and etc.
- Ensure coordination, participation and consultation with partners/stakeholders are optimized at the local level.
- Support the organization and conduct of meeting, seminars, conference and workshops
- Support in project documentation and capitalization, circulated and archived.
- Monitor program/project related risks, propose actions and define sustainability strategies.
- Monitor the project budgets and cofi-finacing requirements of the projects and programs in coordination with WASH referent, admin/finance department
- Ensure timely and adequate coordination is done with logistic department concerning WASH needs, including the preparation of procurement documents for WASH, such as PR etc.
Objective 4: Programme, Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with WASH Technical Referent and other departments, ensure projects/program has developed monitoring and evaluation system for ongoing project/program
- Ensure regular projects monitoring and internal evaluation of WASH is conducted.
- Review and validate Terms of Reference (ToR) designs and training manual coming from the HoPs for WASH activities before submit them to WASH Technical Referent for validation. Conduct evaluation of staff supervised directly.
Objective 5: Training
- Based on the periodic evaluation and project/program needs, consolidate all training of the WASH team identified by the HoPs in comprehensive training plan and submit it to the Coordinator for review, validation and integration in Mission Training Plan.Follow up the implementation of the validated training plan (including archiving/creating training files).
- Assist the mission in finding trainers and conducting training
- Capitalise training sessions
Objective 6: Representation
- Act as focal on WASH related issues in absence of WASH Technical Referent.
- Represent ACF in meetings at different level, and or other NGOs/UN agencies during the absence of the WASH Technical Referent or upon the request of the mission.
- Prepare reports on meeting attend and conduct re-orientation of meeting / workshop attended
- Document the points highlighted during the meeting and actions recommended / plans.
- In absence of the WASH Technical Referent, to represent ACF to internal and external program coordination (NGO, authorities) and report to WASH technical referent, to coordination team and HoPs.
Objective 7: Budget and Finance
- Assist and participate in budget preparation and revision upon request of the Mission
- To ensure that HoPs submit their monthly budget forecast on time
- Follow-up BFU’s and forecasted according to the plan
- Facilitate the coordination with administrative and logistic department.
- Prepare and review annual budget and procurement plans based on the WASH project / program.
- Ensure project and program budget properly managed and execution rate is maintained within forecast and available fund.
- To review the procurement plan and to ensure its accordance with the time frame of activities and assess its relevance / feasibility.
Academic Background:University Degree, ideally related to humanitarian fields.
Desirable specific/ technical Knowledge: Good analytical and reporting skills; Sound knowledge in Monitoring and evaluation, project cycle management and planning
Previous experience needed:*At least 3 year of experience in WASH project management*;Experience working in NGO’s;Experience in budget management
Personal requirements:*Dynamic and good organizational interpersonal and communication skills*
- Excellent team player (service-oriente
- Flexibility to adapt to fast changing circumstances
- Diligence, rigor and honesty
- Able to perform well under pressure with shorts deadlines.
- Ability to deal with Government agencies and partners
- Skills in planning, general management and organization skills. To be able to foresee risks and propose alternative solution in advance.
- A good degree of maturity and responsibility is necessary to manage the Project team.
- Capacity to work autonomously but not independently in close coordination with the other ACF departments’ in the base.
- Good understanding of development issues in the countries
Languages Skills:*Able to speak and write in English and Tagalog*
Computer Skills: Able to work in Excel and Word computer program *
Mobility (national & international):*Willing to travel extensively and stay in the field with moderate living conditions
- We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Compensation: based on ACF grid and candidate’s previous experience
- Benefits: health insurance, accident and life insurance, leave entitlement, government mandated benefits
- Project Based Employment
How to apply:
We will only consider CV’s received by email. Interested candidates should send: A letter of motivation, updated CV and the details of 2 contacts from the human resource department that can provide professional references for the last two work experiences (We could ask for references also to different managers from the ones that you facilitated us. If you don’t agree, please let us know it.)
PLEASE send all applications citing the following reference PH/GEN/WASH PM to:
The Human Resources department will contact only those pre-selected for an interview. For candidates who are not in Manila, interviews will be via skype.
For the final job offer, it will be necessary to present all the professional experience certificates.
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close on or before the deadline – December 31, 2015
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.