If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Project Manager, Shelter, Gaalkacyo – Somalia
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Terms of referenceEnter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Job title: Project Manager (PM)
Location: Galkacyo, Somalia (70 %) and Nairobi, Kenya (30%)
Reporting to: Head of Mission (HoM) and Program Manager
Starting date: September 2015
Duration of contract: 3 months
General objective of the position
As a part of a multi-sectoral, multi-agency, multi-partner implemented local integration initiative focused on durable solutions for IDPs in Galkacyo, the Shelter PM is responsible for the completion of the owner-driven permanent shelter construction taking into account the challenging context and situation in Puntland between the displaced and host populations, and in accordance with the INTERSOS overall strategy for Somalia. The main objective of the Shelter PM is to implement, monitor and possibly expand the local integration program in partnership with UNHCR Galkacyo, in close collaboration with senior management at the Nairobi regional office, and the Somalia shelter cluster.
Responsibilities and tasks
- 1st month: procurement process for construction materials; selection of beneficiaries; recruitment of staff; preposition of materials at the construction site; payment of contractors; training for beneficiaries;
- 2nd month: starting implementation of the construction on a cash for work base; monitoring of the construction; working with UNHCR for land deeds and timeline for movement of beneficiaries;
- 3rd month: finalization of the construction and handover with community; planning for 2016.
- Relevant experience and/or higher education, preferably in architecture, engineering, development, refugee studies or related field of study
- 3 years field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP/returnees shelter programs in complex emergencies and/or natural disasters in demanding security environments
- Proven and practical experience in assessing, designing, implementing, and monitoring shelter activities in emergencies
- Experience in coordination mechanisms, specifically within emergency shelter cluster system
- Experience in implementation cash and voucher based projects will be considered an asset
- Additional training and/or experience in related humanitarian areas e.g. camp management, distribution, and/or emergency preparedness will be considered an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team, and independently with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize work
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances/volatile context
- Good computer skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Political, cultural and religious awareness
- Patience, adaptability, and the capacity to work with little infrastructure and challenging circumstances
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and an updated curriculum vitae to: [email protected], specifying in the subject ‘Project Manager Shelter Somalia’
Your cv should also include contacts details of two professional referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.