If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In PROPOSAL FOR CAPACITY BUILDING OF WOMEN’S BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS IN SOMALIA
Organization: International Labour Organization
Closing date: 15 Sep 2015
The International Labour Organisation with support from UNWomen, is implementing the project entitled "Women’s’ Economic Empowerment" which was signed in June 2015.The focus of the project is to build adaptive capacity and pilot adaptation activities for business associations. The objective is to strengthen the ability of associations to make informed decisions and contribute to economic growth, development, peace, and prosperity.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
This project builds on previous ILO projects on economic empowerment of women and young girls and focuses and the programme has three specific outcomes aiming to contribute to women’s economic empowerment in Somalia; 1)A more enabling environment for women’s entrepreneurship and women’s economic empowerment supported through advocacy and capacity building; 2) Self-employability of women improved through training in enterprise and business management skills and 3) Performance of women led businesses improved through access to finance.
2. Scope of the assignment
The main this consultancy work is to improve governance, finances and services offered by women business associations to their members in Somalia. Specifically the consultancy will support facilitation, inclusive training to build business associations capacities. The consultancy firm is required to also strengthen business association lobbying and advocacy role, especially in relation to new policies/legislation which adversely hampers women entrepreneurs. The consultancy is also expected to contribute to the development of a regional network of business associations in Somalia and strengthen entrepreneurship skills and access to finance for members of women business associations.
The direct beneficiaries of this project will be Somali women business associations and women entrepreneurs who are members of business associations. The projects locations are Garowe, Hargeisa and Mogadishu.
3. Aims and objectives of the assignment
The aims of the assignment are to 1) to contribute to an improved policy and institutional environment supporting women’s economic empowerment and 2) to improve the capacity of women associations to address barriers to employment and economic empowerment.
The objective of the assignment is to:
· Organize a capacity building workshop focusing on:
o Management strategies for business associations and;
o Advocacy on regulatory barriers facing women in business.
· Organize a training of trainers for representatives of women business associations and Chamber of Commerce to offer entrepreneurial and financial education training courses to women entrepreneurs.
· Offer mentoring support to representatives of women business associations and Chamber of Commerce and monitor their progress.
· Document the lessons learnt from the programme to further develop the programme and expand it.
The consultant will be responsible for developing a program structure and adopt it to ensure success of the workshops and trainings.
5. Key outputs
· Delivery of capacity building workshop for 20 managers from women business associations and Chamber of Commerce.
· Delivery of ToT for 4 representatives from women business associations and Chamber of Commerce.
· Training reports for each of the workshops.
· Mid-term and final narrative and financial reports.
6. Tentative Timetable
This consultancy will be for a period of 6 months. The trainings/workshops will be conducted in Somalia if security permits. Where there are security concerns trainings will be held in neighbouring countries such as Kenya or Uganda. The consultancy is expected to commence by 1th October 2015, and a final report to be submitted by 1stMarch 2016.
7. Expertise Required
This consultancy can be undertaken by a consultancy firm or independent consultant(s). The consultant should have expertise in the following areas:
· International experience on capacity development of business membership organizations in Africa, including Horn of Africa countries.
· Advanced university degree in business management, development economics, social sciences or any other relevant technical field.
· Demonstrate experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation.
· Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have excellent English communication, training and report writing skills. Knowledge of Somali will be an added advantage.
· Previous working on similar assignment will be an added advantage.
· Ability to access the project area is critical.
How to apply:
Evaluation proposal submission requirements
Interested consultants are requested to submit both the technical and financial proposal. All documents should be submitted to [email protected] by noon (EAT) on 15 September:
· Brief company profile
· Past experience and client references
· Methodology for undertaking the assignment
· CVs of the key technical experts
· Statement of availability of the key experts
· Financial proposal
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.