There is no doubt that there is an immense value of SMS in modern marketing but sadly, still this date most business owners find it difficult to relate between the two. The fact that there are more than a million apps designed and launched for use by not only the Android and Apple products but also by large variety of other smart phones is the proof of its importance and usefulness.
Therefore, it will be utterly unwise for you and for your business to ignore and forget one of the earliest features of a mobile phone and one of the easiest to do so as well: SMS or Short Messaging Service.
It is true that today’s world is the world of highly sophisticated technology and Instagrams, Tweets, Facebook and Snap chats. These are so dominant that most marketers often tend to ignore and forget SMS that can be a very useful marketing tool in place of the traditional ones that includes email, billboards and other display ads.
While these campaigns have their usual and characteristic potential, these also have some significant hindrances in reaching out to the consumers which SMS marketing is devoid of. This is primarily due to the fact that most of the brands make things difficult for them by over communicating with their customers across different popular channels.
Getting back to the roots
It is important to remember and get back to the roots especially when other forms of marketing campaigns fail or the results are far from ideal. As far as digital marketing is concerned, his root means SMS.
However, there are several marketers who believe that SMS is obsolete and not effective in this fast paced and modern world. They even dub it as an archaic predecessor especially in this age where a smart phone revolution is seen. However, this is not at all true. In fact, according to the study report of The Next Web it is seen that:
- More than 90% of all text messages are opened by the recipients
- The reading and responding time ranges from three to six minutes of delivery respectively
- There are more than 1 billion mobile phone users all over the world which means it provides a very wide and extensive audience to tap.
All these facts and figures along with the benefits that SMS has to offer points towards one thing: the potential and prospects of it.
Ideally, SMS is the universal standard for communication and the effectiveness of it is something that the other channels cannot possibly guarantee.
Moving forward with SMS is therefore the most feasible option for the modern marketers to make their efforts and investment successful and worthy. They can leverage their efforts not only through the smart phones and smart technology but also through the so-called “dumb phones.”
Make buying experience stronger
When you combine your SMS marketing strategy with email, push or social communications, it will only make the buying experience of the consumers stronger every day. Here are a few good reasons to invest and rely on SMS and send bulk SMS using effective tools and software such as mass text app.
SMS is widespread: Apart from the sheer volume of consumers that SMS reaches to, it is the strategy that can be even deployed without an Internet connection is what makes is so useful, popular and widespread.
- As compared with other digital channels SMS campaign has the potential to reach out to more customers even at a wider and more remote range.
- It does not have any limits as there is no dependency on Internet much unlike email.
- When these emails are supplemented by SMS you will automatically have a better access to a bigger pool of consumers.
- Moreover, as the users will be conditioned already regarding receiving and opening such text messages, you will have a better opportunity to leverage your SMS marketing campaigns.
If you are concerned with the privacy aspect which is often an issue while interacting digitally, then be informed that all text messages are regulated by the CTIA or Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association.
- This is a regulatory authority that makes it easy to opt in and opt out of SMS campaigns through its legislation.
- This in turn ensures that the privacy of the customers are maintained as you can easily and effectively avoid making, receiving or sending an unsolicited text messages through your SMS marketing.
All these will ensure a better and more familiar interaction with your customers which will increase the chances of conversion.
Make it personalized
Once your customers opt into SMS communications you can provide them with a more personalized experience by giving them more control. This is a very important and one great way to create an integrated preference that will provide the customers with the ability to regulate different aspects for messaging including:
- The type
- The frequency as well as
- The channels.
Ideally, this shift of power to the consumers from the brand will surely increase the level of trust and loyalty of the customer which will eventually result in a more transparent digital communications between the two.
This will also help you through the entire life cycle of the customer making the transactional communications more effective simply due to the personalized SMS marketing campaign that may range from appointment reminders to purchase confirmation. You can deploy this after any purchase is made or before the customer makes another purchase.
In addition to that transactional messages have several other advantages such as:
- It guarantees a higher level of engagement
- It helps to foster a sense of urgency in the true manner around the communications and
- It will extend customer relations even beyond purchase.
These transactional messages can be easily opted in and out while going through the several e-commerce checkpoints. This will in turn reinforce SMS awareness and fluency when you want to incorporate more promotional drives. Therefore, personalization will pay off well and keep you in a better position to increase the level of engagement with your customers both in the short as well as in the long term.