If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Sierra Leone: Operations Manager
Organization: Tetra Tech International Development Services
Country: Sierra Leone
Closing date: 31 Oct 2015
Tetra Tech ARD is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Operations Manager to work as an integral member of the West Africa Biodiversity and Climate Change (WA BiCC) Program leadership team in the Freetown office. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and advisement of the Finance, Grants and Operations Manager based in Accra, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall performance of all finance, administration, operations and human resources systems in the Freetown office, as well as the grants under contract (GUC) portfolio managed through the Freetown office. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that the activities implemented through the Freetown office are strategically aligned with the implementation of the Accra office, and contribute to the overall objectives and deliverables of the WA BiCC Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Oversee all policies and procedures for the finances, grants, human resources and general administration of the Freetown office to ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Tetra Tech ARD policies and best practices.
- Communicate regularly with the Deputy Chief of Party and other senior technical staff in the Freetown office to ensure that operations are planned and prepared as far in advance of technical activities as possible.
- Communicate regularly with the Finance, Grants and Operations Manager of the Accra office to ensure consistency between the policies and procedures of both WA BiCC offices.
- As assigned from the Accra head office, manage subcontracts at the field level and oversee the grants solicitation, review, selection and management
process to ensure: competitive procurement; correct contracting mechanisms; compliance with USAID regulations; implementation in accordance with the work plan; and proper closeout of grants.
- Provide guidance and training to grantees as needed during all phases of the grants program including: compliance information; report writing; procurement issues; financial reporting; and risk management.
- Implement and troubleshoot human resource management systems for recruitment, employment contracts, employment evaluations and leave benefits.
- Regularly maintain a program operational budget, disaggregated by technical component and geography, to track expenditures and project future spending.
- Oversee the proper procurement of goods and services and ensure that files of supporting documentation are properly maintained in soft and hard copies.
- Maintain program accounting system in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech ARD requirements and regulations, and train Freetown staff in financial rules and regulations.
- Ensure that staff timesheets are submitted and processed in accordance with Tetra Tech ARD policy and that all required documentation and employer/employee payments are delivered on time to local labor authorities.
- Ensure that travel advance and expense reports are completed properly and that outstanding cash advances for travel are reconciled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Minimum degree in finance/ logistics or relavent field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional work experience in relevant positions of employment.
- Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is required.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Experience with QuickBooks is required.
- Willingness to travel to other project sites in West Africa.
- Fluency inEnglish and professional proficiency in French.Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
How to apply:
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List
Please submit these documents when applying to the following link: http://bit.ly/1Lxj5Te
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.