If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Slovenia: ASSOCIATE PI OFFICER
Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 06 Oct 2015
Grade: UNOPS Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA-9)
Deadline for Applications: 06 October 2015 (Midnight Geneva time)FREE GIVEAWAY:- Amazon.com - Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices. Click above, enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish. It's 100% FREE and a lifetime offer.
Only candidates with proficiency in Slovenian and English together with Communication and Public Relations background will be considered for the vacancy.
The Associate PI Officer will work under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Emergency Coordinator. The incumbent will assist his/her supervisor to give, obtain and exchange information requiring discussion and explanation.
The functional supervision of the incumbent will be provided by the Senior Regional External Relations Officer. External contacts are generally with a broad range of officials from national and international institutions, media or general public on matters of importance to the Organization.
· Assist in developing and implementation of the communications strategies, campaigns, events and other initiatives in support of UNHCR's strategic objectives.
· Provide necessary output in researching, preparing, fact-checking, editing, and producing of the professional media and communications materials for various audiences and ensuring through the
· Representative their timely dissemination via UNHCR's communications channels.
· Assist in organizing press events, handling interviews requests, and on behalf of the Representative or other senior staff providing responses to requests from media relating to UNHCR and its work in consultation with the supervisor.
· Participation in developing working relationships with Governments, NGOS, and UN agencies in order to raise interest and develop cooperation, following the guidance of the Senior Emergency Coordinator and under the functional supervision of the Senior Regional External Relations Officer in the RRCE, Budapest, Hungary.
· Undertake missions and field trips with media and other official visitors in support of UNHCR and its work.
· Under the functional authority of the Senior Regional External Relations Officer in the RRCE participate in maintaining media relations for UNHCR and have access to information and UNHCR expertise.
· Assist in preparation of communications budgets.
· Perform other duties as required.
· University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Communications, Political Science or similar relevant field.
· General understanding of UN/UNHCR reforms and the priority agenda of the organization.
· Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential).
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of English, Slovenian is a must, knowledge of an UN language is a plus.
· Highly developed drafting ability in the UN working language of the duty station.
· Minimum of 4 years of relevant job experience at professional level in progressively responsible functions related to UNHCR and/or any other humanitarian agency on promotional activities of the agency.
Candidates must be legally present in Slovenia at the time of recruitment and hire. Only applicants fluent in Slovenian will be considered.
How to apply:
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form P11
(http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc) and its supplementary pages (http://www.unhcrcentraleurope.org/_assets/files/content/general/_pdf_en/internships/P11SUP_UNHCR.doc), motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Associate PI Officer – LICA-9 – Slovenia” in the subject line to: [email protected] by 06 October 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.