Somalia: Education Sector Analysis & Education Sector Strategic Plan Development Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Puntland State of Somalia (PSS)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Education Sector Analysis & Education Sector Strategic Plan Development Ministry of Education and Higher Education of Puntland State of Somalia (PSS)
Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 12 Nov 2015
The overall objective of this consultancy is to contribute to the enhancement of the education sector performance in Puntland through supporting the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MoE&HE) in leading and coordinating a comprehensive Education Sector Analysis (ESA) and the subsequent development of five years [2017 – 2021] Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and a detailed 3 years (2017-2019) action plan.
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide technical support and facilitate, in cooperation and partnership with the MoE&HE, and broad consultation with CSO & stakeholders, a comprehensive ESA process which sheds light on reform options, these include but not limited to a) conducting a comprehensive ESA , b) an assessment of the realization of 2012 -2016 ESSP to draw lessons learnt, c) an identification of gaps and recommendations of areas for change d) highlighting of successes and achievements to build on, and e) recommendations for innovations to be introduced. The result of the sector analysis and assessment of the current ESSP will feed into the development of a five year ESSP for 2017 -2021 and a detailed three years (2017- 2019) action plan. Being a very consultative and participatory process, the consultants will work closely with the MoE&HE and the Education Sector Committee and other education stakeholders including Ministry of finance and Planning. The process should be geared towards ensuring local ownership and building the capacity of the MoE&HE for future sustainability, and increased capacity to carry out similar
The consultants will be responsible for the preparation, design and facilitation of the ESP development. (Including the financial and costing and implementation plan, as well as the monitoring and evaluation framework) The consultants will oversee the whole process and provide technical support, while working in close partnership with the MoE&HE of Puntland, the Education Sector Committee and development partners.
How to apply:
- At least an advanced degree in education and /or educational economics or related field.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the field of educational research
- Experience in undertaking sector analyses and education program development or similar work, preferably in Somalia and/or other developing countries
- Good communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Somali language is an asset
- Experience in analysis of macro-economics.
- Good in gender and conflict sensitive analysis skills
- Good in facilitation and participatory approaches.
- Excellent analytic and report writing skills
- Experience working with government ministries, preferably the Ministry of Education.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Candidates interested in the position will be expected to provide the following documentation:
- A technical proposal with detailed response to the TOR, with specific focus addressing the scope of work and methodology to be used.
- Initial work plan based on methodology outlined, and indication of availability.
- A financial proposal detailing the daily rate expected and initial work plan.
- Company profile or CV including a minimum of 3 traceable, recent (within the last 5 years) and relevant references to this task.
Interested bidders should submit their applications in soft copy to [email protected]
Applications close on: 12 November 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.