Somalia: Programme Officer
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Programme Officer
Organization: Al-Khair Foundation
Closing date: 27 Oct 2015
Al-Khair Foundation are looking to recruit a highly experienced Programme Officer to join its Somaliland Field Office team.
Al-Khair Foundation is a UK registered charity working to deliver humanitarian and development projects worldwide. Founded in 2003, Al-Khair provides emergency aid, medical care, education and livelihood support to vulnerable communities in the UK, Africa, Asia and the Middle East, and is committed to supporting these groups to become sustainable active citizens in their society.
The Somaliland field office currently implements a number of WASH and Livelihood projects and are seeking to expand our reach to develop more sustainable activities in alleviating poverty.
- To support the Programme Manager in developing AKF’s Somaliland Programme based on AKF’s strategic priorities.
- To assist the Programme Manager in delivering monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- To assist the Programme Manager in reviewing and revising the Programme strategy.
- To ensure adequate information flow on project activities to all concerned.
- To assist the Programme Manager in identifying and preparing case studies and reports for use in promotional material.
- To assist the Programme Manager in drawing up regular reports in the form of assessment reports, proposals, implementation reports and updates.
- To liaise with partners and beneficiaries to ensure all project outputs are met.
- To identify and prepare case studies and reports for use in promotional material of AKF’s activities.
- To ensure all project systems and procedures are followed and contract documentation is completed on time and in line with funder requirements.
- To finalise funding proposals and reports to the highest standards and to the funders’ requirements.
- To ensure all contract documentation is filed appropriately, completed and submitted on time and in line with funder requirements.
- To evaluate existing programmes recommending modifications and advice for new programmes.
- Other Responsibilities: To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- To hold a valid passport and be willing and able to travel extensively and at short notice.
- To have the flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
- To be responsible for health and safety in the area of his/her control and ensure that he/she is familiar with AKF’s health and safety at work policy.
- To respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal opportunity and diverse environment.
- The post holder may be required to apply for a Disclosure check.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
Essential Job Requirements
a. Ability to work in a systematic and methodical manner.
b. Ability to work well on own initiative.
c. Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and adapt to change.
1. Experience and Qualification:
a. Highly extensive experience of working with international programmes in an NGO setting.
b. Experience in programme development, monitoring and evaluation.
c. Experience of conducting needs assessments.
a. Knowledge and understanding of international programme implementation.
b. Knowledge of the charity sector.
a. Good leadership and people management skills.
b. Fluent written and spoken English.
c. Good IT skills.
d. Report and proposal writing skills.
e. Complex problem solving and decision-making skills.
a. Fluent in Somali
a. Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role and meet the business needs.
b. Commit to withhold the integrity and standards of AKF and its values.
Contract:This is a full time position to begin with immediate start (including a three month probationary period). Upon review, if the candidate's work is deemed satisfactory, the contract will be extended to a 12-month contract.
Salary: Between $1,100-1,300 USD/ month depending on experience.
Package details: As part of the contract, once employed you will be entitled to one return flight ticket per year and a visa.
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Please note applicants must be eligible to work in Somaliland
The deadline for applications is midnight 27th October 2015. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
How to apply:
Please submit CVs and Cover Letters to Elaine Antwi at [email protected]
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.