Somalia: Urban and IDP Livelihoods Analyst (SC10) Mogadishu- Somali Nationals ONLY
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Somalia: Urban and IDP Livelihoods Analyst (SC10) Mogadishu- Somali Nationals ONLY
Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization
Closing date: 24 Nov 2015
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Somalia Representative, the FSNAU CTA and the direct supervision of the Food Security Technical Manager, the Urban & IDP Livelihood Analyst will provide programme support in the formulation, monitoring and reporting of the field programme at country office level. In particular, he/s he will;
· Deliver on FSNAU’s Urban and Internally Displaced People (IDP) analysis, including improvements in urban and IDP survey methods and tools and analysis of shocks on the urban and IDP populations and thematic applied research.
· Contribute to institutional capacity development activities through a provision of trainings, supporting and giving guidance in analysis to members of government and civil society targeted for capacity development
· Analyse civil insecurity situation in Somalia based on secondary and primary data collected by FSNAU and contribute to improved methods and tools for analysing/ collecting civil insecurity information
· Update urban, IDP and civil insecurity sector analysis framework, including methods, tools, sampling approach and analysis plan used
· Provide technical supervision of the FSNAU field analysts to deliver on planned urban and IDP assessments and analysis
· In close collaboration with the baseline team, ensure protracted IDP specific indicators and analyses are included as appropriate in the urban baseline analysis.
· Analyse and prepare written reports on the Somalia urban, IDP and civil insecurity analysis contributing to FSNAU food security publications as required.
· Plan and organise urban and IDP assessments, including seasonal assessments and any other required ad-hoc assessments, in close consultation with the Food Security Technical Manager, Deputy Food Security Technical Manager and Nutrition analysts
· As part of FSNAU’s core analytical activities conduct field work in urban and IDP analysis in all parts of Somalia.
· Participate in technical meetings, workshops and discussions, representing FSNAU as an Urban and IDP Analyst and deliver presentations as required to ensure effective contributions using FSNAU analysis and data.
· Any other duties as requested by the Food Security Technical Manager or CTA.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum requirements Education:
Master’s degree in Food security/ Nutrition, Demography, Statistics or Political Science.
Minimum relevant work experience of 7 years in food security and livelihood issues, preferably working in Somalia.
· Strong management and supervision skills as well as strong critical thinking and writing abilities.
· Willingness to learn and apply new analytical approaches
· Sensitivity to the social and cultural environment of Somali.
· Accessibility and ability to travel widely throughout Somalia
Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
Office Management Skills:
Systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment. Tact and courtesy. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit (1) a covering letter, (2) detailed Curriculum Vitae and (3) Personal Profile form (PPF) from FAO iRecruitment. To create the PPF, please follow the instructions available at: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed.
Please send your application to [email protected] quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. “Urban and IDP Livelihoods Analyst FAO 37 2015”in the subject heading.
Applications received after the closing date and applications without all the specified/ required documents will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.