South Sudan: Nutrition Technical Coordinator
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In South Sudan: Nutrition Technical Coordinator
Organization: Relief International
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Position:Nutrition Technical Coordinator
Location:Upper Nile State (Maban / Longechuk) South Sudan with regular travel to Country office (Juba) and other program sites.
Reports to: South Sudan Country Director.
About RI:Relief International (RI) is a leading global organization and home to teams of humanitarian professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Summary:The Nutrition Technical Coordinator will manage the implementation of multiple donor-funded nutrition programs in Upper Nile state. The position is based in Upper Nile State (Maban / Longechuk) South Sudan with regular travel to Juba and other program sites. Candidate must be able to work in an austere environment and have the capacity and experience to effectively build and develop the project team.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the daily field-level execution of the Nutrition program against all set objectives and targets within the agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Oversee outpatient clinical care of moderate acute malnutrition in children under 5 and mentor nutrition staff in excellent care protocols in line with internal and donor standards. Provide nutrition screening for all new arrivals and those living inside the camp.
- Implement International Community Management of Acute Malnutrition guidelines and protocols in Supplementary Feeding settings.
- Manage team of national staff nurses, nutrition officers and assistants to deliver excellent outpatient nutrition care.
- Establish Supplementary and Therapeutic Feeding Programmes operated through Health Facilities, targeting children under five and PLW using the CMAM approach / protocol.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization of activities with the different stakeholders involved in food/nutrition activities
- Ensure IEC materials and key messages in nutrition for the targeted beneficiaries, through pamphlets, posters, Radio spots etc. are in place take the lead in the preparation and implementation of nutrition surveys when required Supervision
- Assist in providing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the progress of the nutrition program in Maban.
- Maintain adequate supply chains for Nutrition supplies and medicines. Coordinate with Program Manager and Logistics Manager for establishing the inventory
- Advice on nutrition proposals and project budgets, monitor effectiveness and financial expenditures, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
- Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans.
- Co-ordination and representation with the MOH & CHD to ensure all project activities are carried out with their agreement and, as far as possible, their participation
- Co-ordination and representation with UN, donors and other NGO
- Build professional networks with stakeholders in-country
- Any other task as delegated by the Supervisor
Qualifications & Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, or Nutrition required. Advanced University Degree (M.Sc.) in Nursing, Public Health or Nutrition; highly preferred.
- A minimum 3 years as a manager or coordinator specifically related to nutrition programming in the similar setting
- Experience conducting nutrition surveys including: planning, sampling, training, data collection, supervision, data cleaning, analysis, reporting and dissemination.
- Experience in food assistance programming specifically WFP programs preferred.
- Strong coordination skills; flexibility, adaptability, and patience; facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Methodical and thorough familiarity with SMART method, including software application with plausibility checks and software application (ENA-Epi/ ENA-SMART, or EpiInfo).
- Experience in use and interpretation of WHO child growth standards.
- Training and coaching skills
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Awareness of gender issues.
- Empathy with organizational goals.
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Demonstrated experience in coalition building/local partnership and relationship development
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively in a harsh and unpredictable environment.
- Team player, committed to motivating and leading staff.
- Knowledge of, and experience in South Sudan strongly desired
- Excellent written and spoken English; ability to draft high quality, donor reports
We would like to share Relief International's Values with you:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.