Sri Lanka: COUNTRY DIRECTOR – Sri Lanka
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Sri Lanka: COUNTRY DIRECTOR – Sri Lanka
Organization: Save the Children
Country: Sri Lanka
Closing date: 11 Nov 2015
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: Open-ended
As a member of the South & Central Asia Senior Leadership team, you will have shared accountability for Save the Children's international development and emergency programming in the region of approximately $170 million each year through an organisation of nearly 3,000 people. To achieve our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children, the leadership team will, in collaboration with Save the Children Members and in conjunction with the other regional organisations, aim to drive growth to $2 billion by 2015. The Country Director will lead and deliver Save the Children's strategy, delivering quality programmes, including advocacy, for children within the country.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years working in the field of international development
- Minimum of three years working in a developing country
- Minimum of three years working in an INGO
- Minimum of three years working in a senior management role
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Experience of managing a crisis situation requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond
- Experience of leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders
- Experience working with donors to secure new large-scale funding and/ or funding for innovative programs
- Experience of building personal networks at a senior level
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Good understanding of programme, financial and operational management processes
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Tertiary qualifications in a field relevant to Save the Children's work
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full job description, please visit our website at: www.savethechildren.net/jobsFreebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: '[email protected]'
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.