Switzerland: Intern – Office of the Director General
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Switzerland: Intern – Office of the Director General
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 12 Nov 2015
Position Title: Intern (Office of the Director General)
Duty Station: HEADQUARTERS, GENEVA – SWITZERLAND
Organizational Unit: OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL (ODG)
Starting date: As soon as possible (negotiable)
****Internship Duration : 3-9 months – Full Time****
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working within the Office of the Director General under the supervision of the Chief of Staff, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Proofread and format documents often of a diplomatic or sensitive nature.
- Prepare abstracts of same documents.
- Track and monitor incoming information as required.
- Prepare ‘appointment requests’ with relevant background documents for review, highlighting the essential points for each.
- Prepare and update lists of tasks, follow up as requested.
- Assist in drafting presentations and organizing internal ODG events.
- Produce schematic representations of workflows
- Undertake basic research on specific themes of interest
- Any other duties as required by the supervisor.
University degree preferably in law, business administration, sociology, social sciences, International relations, public administration or other relevant studies. A Master’s degree is an advantage.
Skills & experience:
Experience with or knowledge of UN or NGO-type organizations is an advantage. Excellent knowledge of computer applications.
Excellent command of English, with very good drafting skills. Working knowledge of French or Spanish or other language is an advantage
- Ability to carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and guidelines
- Good analytical and drafting skills; resourcefulness, initiative
- Proven experience in drafting reports and outreach documents
- Experience in working as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Attention to detail
How to apply:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Please send your updated CV with a motivation letter to the following address:
Please mark clearly ‘Intern – ODG’ in the subject line.
A small monthly stipend will be paid.
Deadline for applications by 12 November 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.