Switzerland: Project Assistant – Gender and Security Programme in Africa
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Switzerland: Project Assistant – Gender and Security Programme in Africa
Organization: Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces
Closing date: 30 Oct 2015
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is an International Foundation promoting good governance and reform of the security sector. DCAF conducts research on good practices, encourages the development of appropriate norms at the national and international levels, makes policy recommendations and provides in-country advice and assistance programmes. A Project Assistant is being hired for our Gender and Security programme.
Project Assistant (100%) – Gender and Security in Africa
The Operations III Division is responsible for the Africa Programme and for the Gender and Security Programme. DCAF Operations III is looking for an experienced, motivated, and flexible individual who will undertake a wide range of support tasks related to gender and security sector reform.
Eligible applicants must be Swiss or EU citizens, or hold a valid work permit.
Other requirements for the position are:
· Advanced university degree or equivalent in international relations, peace, or security studies, with a strong focus on women’s/gender studies
· Fluent written and spoken English and French
· Practical knowledge of issues of governance and/or security and women’s/gender studies, or women, peace and security
· Excellent academic research and analytical skills in social sciences or international law
· Excellent organisational skills
· Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise communications
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in an international team
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, solve problems and exercise initiative
Further desirable characteristics for the position are:
· Experience in web-based communication
How to apply:
The position commences on 1 December 2015. Candidates meeting the requirements are invited to email or post their CV with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria:
Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF)
Administrative Assistant, Operations IIIFreebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
P.O. Box 1360
CH-1211 Genève 1
E-mail: [email protected]
Re: Project Assistant
DCAF is committed to a diverse and discrimination-free workplace. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. For further information on DCAF, please visit our website: http://www.dcaf.ch.
Applications must be received, by post or e-mail, by 30 October 2015. Interviews will take place in early November. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.