If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Switzerland: The PeaceNexus Foundation – NGO Sector Programme Manager Maternity Cover (Fluency in English and French)
Closing date: 19 Oct 2015
****NGO SECTOR PROGRAMME MANAGER – MATERNITY COVER****Enter your email, select new user, enter name, wait, add and finish all using this Free.
Starting date: January 2016
Application deadline: 19 October 2015 (midnight CET time)
Location: Prangins (VD), Switzerland
Language requirements: English and French
Duration of contract: 9 months
THE PEACENEXUS FOUNDATION
PeaceNexus (www.peacenexus.org) is an operational and grant-making foundation based in Switzerland. Its core mission is to provide peacebuilding actors – multilateral organisations, governments, civil society organisations and businesses – with expertise and advice to make the best use of their peacebuilding potential. Its tailored advisory services are complemented by a grant mechanism that supports innovative ideas and organisational development for agents of change. The organisation’s focus regions are the Balkans, Central Asia, South East Asia and West Africa/Sahel.
Currently, the NGO sector provides support to selected local and international NGOs via a grant mechanism in two key areas:
- Organisational development: strengthening ‘champions of change’, enabling committed peacebuilding organisations to address internal blockages and realise their full potential in contributing to peacebuilding processes.
- Innovation and thematic support: providing space for peacebuilding organisations to develop new ways of addressing key peacebuilding challenges in their contexts.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Programme management and development
In cooperation with the other NGO Sector Programme Manager, the Programme Manager will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of NGO sector programme strategies and plans that contribute to PeaceNexus’ organisational objectives;
- Managing the assessment and selection of grant applications within the 2016 planned call(s) for proposals, in consultation with the PeaceNexus Board and staff members;
- Contributing to organisational reflections and learning.
- Project management and accompaniment of grantees
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the direct oversight and accompaniment of a number of projects and grantees within the overall NGO portfolio, with the following key roles:
- Organisational development support for international NGOs and local NGOs in specific focus regions (West Africa/Sahel and Central Asia): conduct organisational assessments for selected grantees, including through on-site visits; support the design of organisational development processes and plans; and provide process support, accompaniment and advice along the course of those processes.
- Innovation and thematic support to projects in Mali: provide oversight, accompaniment and advice along the course of implementation.
- Overall: monitor project implementation, including through occasional visits, and oversee grant management.
- Support to other programme areas
In support to, and collaboration with, other programme areas (Government and Business & Peace), the Programme Manager is responsible for the following:
- Support the development of projects for other programmes, notably through co-assessment of potential clients and supporting project development;
- Assess and contribute to the development of cross-sectoral initiatives in priority regions;
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of other selected PeaceNexus projects.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the PeaceNexus Board on progress on agreed programme strategies and implementation of specific projects;
- Drafting content relating to projects supported by the NGO sector for external communications, notably the website.
****CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED****
****Understanding of conflict and knowledge of peacebuilding practice****
Relevant education and training (Master’s degree) in relevant field. Demonstrated competence in political/conflict analysis and peacebuilding programming.
****Relevant experience in capacity-building for civil society organisations****
Five years’ experience in peacebuilding, development or political affairs, including some work in a conflict-affected context. Knowledge of West Africa/Sahel, Central Asia and other PeaceNexus priority regions is desirable but not required. Demonstrated experience in providing support to civil society organisations on capacity-building, organisational development and change processes.
A strong track record in project management, good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
****Communication and facilitation skills****
Strong inter-personal and communication skills in English and French. Ability to write analytically and concisely and to give clear presentations. Demonstrated process facilitation skills.
Eligibility:Applicants must have a Swiss work permit or be eligible for one (i.e. EU nationals).
Salary:Competitive salary by Swiss NGO/Foundation standards, commensurate with experience.
 This specific maternity cover position is for a limited period. Other opportunities for employment at PeaceNexus may open up during 2016.
How to apply:
Application procedures:Please submit your CV and letter of motivation by the 19th October 2015 (midnight CET) to [email protected] Long-listed candidates will be interviewed by telephone and asked to complete a written task between the 23rd and 27th October. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and group testing exercise at the PeaceNexus offices in Prangins on the 12th and 13th November 2015.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.