Syrian Arab Republic: Logistics Assistant (Transport) SC5 Tartous
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Syrian Arab Republic: Logistics Assistant (Transport) SC5 Tartous
Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 29 Sep 2015
VA No. 092/2015
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life.
The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the following post:
Issuing Date13 September 2015
Closing Date 29 September 2015
Post Title Logistics Assistant (Transport)
Duty Station Tartous
Contract Type Service contract
Duration Six months
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.
- Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.
- Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.
- Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.
- Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online
To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
- Step 1: Create your online CV
- Step 2:Click on “Apply” to submit your application (please note that you must complete step two in order for your application to be properly submitted).
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.