Thailand: Consultancy: Youth Diversion Programmes
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Thailand: Consultancy: Youth Diversion Programmes
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 30 Oct 2015
The Child Protection Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (UNICEF EAPRO) is seeking an individual consultant to develop a guidebook and a strategy for implementing and scaling up diversion programs and alternative measures to judicial proceedings and detention of children in the region.
- Conduct a rapid assessment of existing diversion programs in the region ,the barriers and enablers to their use and replication , the entry points for the development and scaling up of diversion programs and other alternative measures to judicial proceedings and detention in line with the relevant international standards.
- On the basis of the rapid assessment, select programs that show signs of success for in-depth documentation.
- From the selected programs, conduct actual field visits to determine the results of the program, the factors for success, the costs of running the program and the potential for replication and scaling up.
- On the basis of the rapid assessment and field visits, develop a final report that will serve as a good practice guidebook with recommendations and lessons learned for generalization in East Asia and the Pacific, including a strategy for the scaling up of diversion programs and alternative measures to judicial proceedings.
- Develop a concept note and preparatory materials for a regional technical workshop to strengthen the capacity of stakeholders having decisional authority on the detention of children in the target States and promote the taking and the implementation of diversion and other alternative measures to judicial proceedings and detention that meet international standards. The workshop will be in the first quarter of 2016.
December 1, 2015
Initial draft report (rapid assessment and selected programs)
January 15, 2016
Second draft with comments included and a documentation of the selected programs
March 15, 2016
April 30, 2016
- The rapid assessment will consist of a desk review, on line questionnaires and skype/ phone interviews with colleagues in country offices and counterparts on the existing diversion programs and alternative measures to judicial proceedings and detention and on the enablers and barriers to their use and replication in the countries.
- The documentation of diversion programmes with promising results should be from different levels (community, police, prosecution, judiciary and social services) and at all stages (from arrest to the execution of judgment) including their impact and costs. These good practices should be able to guide the pillars of justice as well as field workers from community based organizations, CSOS and local governments on how to implement diversion programs and other alternative measures that comply with international standards.
- The final paper should include recommendations and lessons learned as well as a strategy with practical steps to be taken at country and regional levels for the scaling up of diversion programmes and other alternative measures to detention and judicial proceedings.
- The workshop design is dedicated to stakeholders having decisional authority on the detention of children in selected countries. From the rapid assessment and field visits, develop case studies as well as collect the most cutting edge information/knowledge on diversion programmes and alternative measures to judicial proceedings and detention (good practices, evaluations etc.) from other regions. The workshop design should focus on peer exchange and the sharing of experiences on challenges, innovations and practical solutions.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 5 months
Official Travel:The consultant will travel to the Regional Office in Bangkok and four selected countries.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required:
- Excellent understanding of the international legal and social policy framework applicable to children.
- Proven ability to conduct mapping and analysis in the field of Justice for children.
- Proven ability to work within limited time constraints in the preparation of high quality products.
- Proven experience in justice for children capacity building and in organizing workshops with justice actors.
- Experience in working in EAP is an advantage.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, a relevant work sample, availability, proposed monthly professional fee and all-inclusive travel cost to/from Bangkok in USD by 30 October 2015 to [email protected] Please note the air tickets under UNICEF contract shall be re-routable, refundable type (economy class and most direct route). The consultant will be responsible for own travel insurance, visa fee and terminal expenses.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.