Thailand: Project Officer (Migrant Assistance)
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Thailand: Project Officer (Migrant Assistance)
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 25 Sep 2015
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short term,Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Reference Code: SVN2015/120(P)-EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has a proactive recruitment policy to increase the representation of nationals of non- represented member states. Qualified applicants from the following countries will be favorably considered:
Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia, Namibia, Nauru, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republic of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will support the implementation and management of IOM Thailand’s Migrant Assistance (MAD) programme and other project activities of the Mission in the area of Counter-Trafficking.
*Core Functions / Responsibilities:*****
- Support the implementation and management of IOM Thailand’s Migrant Assistance (MAD) programme, including Counter-Trafficking.
- Assist in the management of the Thailand implementation of the regional “Enhancing Government Capacity to Assist Vulnerable Migrants in the Greater Mekong Sub-region and Malaysia” project.
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, oversee the Immigration Detention Centre (IDC) Day Care Center project, and the “Assessing and Strengthening the Criminal Justice Response to Human Trafficking in Thailand” project.
- Supervise and train project staff in Bangkok and in multiple field locations.
- Contribute to the development of new concept notes and project proposals on MAD and Counter-Trafficking for submission to donors, in response to needs identified by national and local counterparts.
- Brief the Programme Coordinator on a regular basis; advise on programme matters and on national current affairs that may have an impact on the work of IOM. Assist in liaising with relevant units within IOM, the central Government entities, local authorities, implementing partners, United Nations (UN) agencies and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and ensure timely and quality preparation and submissions of project reports according to IOM and donor formats as required. Prepare regular updates, programme summaries, press releases and other relevant info materials and statistics, according to the specific project needs.
- In coordination with Resource Management Unit, support the Programme Coordinator in ensuring the financial management and accountability of projects in coordination with the Resource Management Unit for a timely and accurate donor reporting.
- Develop appropriate monitoring tools to ensure effective development and implementation of projects and activities, including regular travel to field locations as required.
- Contribute to the collection, study, and sharing of relevant information/data on victims of trafficking and other vulnerable migrants in Thailand, for dissemination to colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the Programme Coordinator in the promotion and visibility of IOM activities to garner support for IOM programmes and activities in Thailand.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives;
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context;
- Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global, and political context.
*Required Qualifications and Experience*****
- Master’s degree in Development, Political or Social Sciences, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in the development and humanitarian fields;
- Experience in project development and implementation;
- Experience in managing and implementing migrant assistance and counter-trafficking projects a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of human trafficking and irregular migration issues, preferably in Asia and the Pacific;
- Understanding of and experience working with international human rights instruments, tools and standards with the adaptation and implementation of the same in developing countries;
- Experience liaising with government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Excellent writing and organizational skills;
- Sound knowledge of data collection and analysis, project development, and report writing.
Fluency in English is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by September 25, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 11.09.2015 to 25.09.2015
Requisition: SVN 2015/120 (P) – Project Officer (P2) – Bangkok, Thailand (54682699) Released
Posting: SVN 2015/120 (P) – Project Officer (P2) – Bangkok, Thailand (54682700) Released
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.