Thailand: Supply Assistant
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Thailand: Supply Assistant
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 30 Nov 2015
Vacancy No. EAPRO/TCO-VA-2015/61
Job Level: GS-5
Duty Station: EAP Regional Office, Bangkok
Position No: 63094
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct guidance of the Supervisor, the incumbent will assist in the arrangement for local and offshore procurement of goods and services, related logistics, distribution and monitoring of UNICEF’s supplies/services in support of the Regional and Country Office.
- Prepare inward/outward documents related to Supply Unit, exemption requests, clearance, way bills and all documents needed to ensure timely clearance and delivery of shipments to consignee without demurrage. This includes close follow up with Carrying and Forwarding (C/F) agent and Government Departments to facilitate shipments clearance.
- Organize, maintain records for incoming/outgoing shipments and update program section on status by continuous updating the spreadsheet related to incoming shipments and their status and advise them on expected delays.
- Provide effective administrative support relevant to logistics services as well as procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate with all relevant parties internally and externally on procurement (goods and institutional services)/logistics related issues for the delivery.
- Check the accuracy of relevant document & payment requests for local transportations, warehouse, freight and custom clearance charges and obtain additional documents (if necessary) and ensure of all papers work are completed and acknowledgement of receipt if signed by authorized person before processing draft payment requests by programme.
- Assist in managing the immediate logistics/procurement of goods and institutional services documentation with respect to administrative work, communications, work flow, and filling of all documents related to logistics arrangement.
- Assist in the recording logistics/procurement of goods and institutional services transaction, generate report and data in VISION for both local and offshore procurement of goods in a timely and economic manner from inception until final delivery to the office or project sites in order that programme and administrative items meet targeted goals and objectives.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent, supplemented by courses in purchasing method and/or accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional work experience in clerical or administrative work, with specialized experience in purchasing a variety of materials and services. Experience with computer databases, for the maintenance of procurement records.
- Good knowledge of Supply and logistics market.
- Fluency in English and Thai (verbal and written).
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Proven proficiency and good knowledge of computer applications, including data management related.
- Tact, discretion, self-starter and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international multicultural environment.
- Meet UNICEF Core Values and Competencies for level of the position: Commitment, Diversity &Inclusion, Integrity, Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to apply:
How to apply:
The Successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package under the UN system.
Please send application together with a detailed resume, current and expected salaries (* Mark clearly Ref. Code: EAPRO-CSU-GS5-63094)no later than 30 November 2015 to: [email protected]
All UN including UNICEF candidates need to send an application letter together with Personal History (P-11) and Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) of the last two years.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.