Turkey: Area Coordinator – Syria/Turkey
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Area Coordinator – Syria/Turkey
Organization: Concern Worldwide
Closing date: 21 Oct 2015
CD: Yousaf Jogezai
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Contract Grade: B
Contract Length: 1 year (renewable)
Date needed by: November 2015
New Post or Replacement: Replacement
Accompanied / Unaccompanied: Unaccompanied
Exact Job Location: Turkey
Reports to: Programmes Director
Responsible for: Programme Coordinators and Managers
Liaises with: CD, Country Finance Controller, Logistics Manager, Programme Support Officer, Government counterparts, UN, NGOs, Clusters and working groups
Job Purpose:The Area Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, development and management of all Concern's programmes as well as human resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, and representation in Syria. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, including budget holding, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the programmes are carried out in line with Concern’s policies and procedures. The Area Coordinator will ensure effective representation of Concern to local authorities, communities, NGOs and other stakeholders.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Act as Security Focal Point in operational areas.
· Monitor the context and keep PD/CD updated on any changes.
· Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant local authorities and key stakeholders.
· Ensure the implementation of the Security Management Plan and propose updates, as required.
· Ensure that security protocols are adhered to by all staff under said jurisdiction.
· Ensure that staff are trained and comply to security procedures and protocols at all times.
· In close liaison with the Programmes Director (PD), coordinate the planning, quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programme activities within the agreed budgets, time frames and donor guidelines and requirements.
· Liaise with other NGOs, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders for effective coordination, cooperation and communication for mutual understanding and acceptance of Concern’s mandate, activities and objectives, project progress and implementation.
· Identify the needs and recommend appropriate adjustments & course corrections to planned interventions.
· Ensure the monitoring and evaluation plans (including remote management) become an integral part of programming and are adequately implemented to measure the impact of programme interventions.
· Oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of programmes and ensure programme quality adheres to Concern and international standards.
· Ensure the integration of accountability throughout the programme including an effective complaint response mechanism.
· Brief the PD and Senior Management Team on programmes and situational context on a regular basis.
Programme Design and Development
· Lead the development of project proposals/concept papers and their budgets.
· Identify and respond to opportunities to expand programmes/impact.
Finance, Admin and Logistics
· Monitor and manage programme expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Concern financial procedures and Donor requirements.
· Manage day-to-day cash management and ensure cash transactions and management are in line with Concern procedures.
· Oversee the day-to-day management of logistics (including transport), administration and human resources functions in line with organizational policy and best practice.
· In conjunction with line management and SMT, oversee and manage longer-term planning within logs, admin and HR functions.
· Lead and manage assigned staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
· Coach all team members to ensure they fully understand outcomes which are expected of them, through Concern’s Performance Development Reviews system (PDR’s).
· Ensure all Concern policies and guidelines are adhered to by staff and local partners e.g. Programme Participant Protection Policy, Equality, Anti-Fraud Policy and Accountability standards.
· Guide the Human Resources team to develop, maintain and implement the Human Resources strategy.
· Follow Concern standards and procedures in terms of supervision, recruitment and evaluation of staff under his/her supervision.
Coordination and Leadership
· Participate proactively and contribute in coordination forums, working group and cluster meetings in coordination with PD.
· Share information on Concern activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working in the area.
· Participate in country-level strategic planning initiatives and other duties as determined by line management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
§ Masters in social sciences or a related discipline, or undergraduate degree
§ At least 4 years' overseas experience in the management and coordination of complex emergency interventions.
§ Excellent communication skills in English
§ Good capacity in community mobilization and knowledge of participatory approaches.
§ Security Management Skills and Experience
§ A proven record of effective project and people management.
§ Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
§ Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
§ Experience in report and proposal writing.
§ Proven financial management skills.
§ Good command of procurement regulations and practice.
§ Ability to work under pressure.
§ Commitment to Concern’s ethos and values.
§ Flexible, adaptable and patient.
§ Sound IT skills, including Word and Excel.
§ Arabic language skill.
§ Experience in remote management of humanitarian programmes.
§ Experience of Middle East.
§ Understanding and experience of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership.
§ Previous experience of multi-sectoral response.
§ Experience of working in Consortia.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
§ Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences, experience working in partnership with Governments would be an advantage.
§ Experience of working in Middle East (or elsewhere under similar conditions) would be an advantage.
§ Ability to train local staff and to motivate and develop skills of others.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
§ Familiarity with logistics, HR, Finance, and administrative processes.
§ Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
§ Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team,
politically and culturally sensitive.
§ Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
§ Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humour, and patience.
§ Ability to motivate and develop skills of others.
§ Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
§ Analytical and problem solving skills.
How to apply:
All applications should be submitted through our website at https://jobs.concern.net by closing date. CV’s should be no more than 4 pages in length.
All candidates who are short-listed for a first round interview will be notified via email after the application deadline OR Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer posts before the closing date.
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Concern has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Programme Participant Protection Policy which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Staff Code of Conduct candidates acknowledge that they have understood the contents of both the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and the Programme Participant Protection Policy and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these two documents.
Concern receives a substantial amount of funding from external donors each year. Increasingly donors are introducing requirements whereby future funding is conditional on Concern ensuring that the names of any new employee or volunteer do not appear on terrorism lists generated by the European Union (List of person, groups and entities to which Regulation (EC No. 2580/2001 applies), the US Government (Office of Foreign Assets Control list of specially designated Nationals and Blocked Persons) and the United Nations (Consolidated List). Any offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will not be made pending a clearance check being conducted on the applicant. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.