Turkey: Deputy Chief of Party – Governance
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Deputy Chief of Party – Governance
Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 09 Oct 2015
Position Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Deputy Chief of Party will serve as the principal point of contact for all procedural and substantive technical matters for a high volume DoS-funded activity focused on a project based in an active conflict environment. He/She will provide oversight of program planning, procurement plans, monitoring and evaluation, training, implementation, program staff recruitment, deployment and development, and building and maintaining relations with government officials, DoS personnel, sub-contractors, and partners to ensure program goals are met.
For the duration of the program.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Deputy Chief of Party reports to the Chief of Party (CoP) and will supervise Program Managers, Program Coordinators, and Field staff.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In close cooperation with the CoP, builds and maintains relations with partner organizations, DoS personnel, and vendors to ensure effective program implementation;
- Oversees program planning, implementation and quality control;
- Supervises the development and implementation of activities, sets targets and monitors timelines in order to ensure the timely completion and closure of activities;
- Advises and assists a team of Program Coordinators, Operations, and Field staff in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program activities;
- Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with USG rules and regulations, and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Ensures that project deliverables are submitted to the client on time and in accordance with USG procedures;
- Serves as the primary point of contact for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the COP;
- Coordinates with HQ on all tracker, payment and activity issues and/or needs;
- Mentors staff and finds ways to enhance staff development;
- Oversees implementation of project reporting and monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of an advanced degree in social sciences, governance, political science, international development, or a related field;
- Minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in implementing local governance activities and/or transition activities, preferably under a USG contract – 4 years of which shall have been in senior management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Intimate familiarity with USG rules and regulations;
- Experience conducting/leading trainings;
- Demonstrated experience building local governance capacity to effectively provide services and coordination amongst stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Experience coordinating sensitive program activities in coordination with high-level government officials, including embassy staff, the client, host country government ministries, and other key stakeholders; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Verbal and written proficiency in Arabic.
- Technical knowledge of core local governance competencies, including participatory budgeting, service delivery planning, facilitation and meetings management, and/or community relations and strategic communications.
This is a voluntary unaccompanied post.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*F3B796AA20DDA165
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.