Turkey: Finance Assistant-Turkish Nationals only
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Finance Assistant-Turkish Nationals only
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 20 Oct 2015
Finance Assistant-Turkish Nationals only
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Syria is facing the largest humanitarian crisis of the 21st century with hostilities on-going, the number of refugees in the neighboring countries with Humanitarian needs in Syria have increased since the beginning of the crisis, with 12.2 million people in need of humanitarian assistance, including 7.6 million IDPs and more than 5.6 million children in need of assistance. An estimated 4.8 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in hard to reach areas and locations.
NRC is seeking candidates for the position of Finance Assistant to be based in Gaziantep, Turkey.
The Finance Assistant shall work under guidance of Finance Officer to fulfill the objectives in accordance with NRC's mandate, policies and country specific strategy.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Officer
- Support Finance Department in Turkey on the day to day financial, accounting and payment activities.
- Process day to day payment in cash and banks (suppliers, cash advances, staff etc.)
- Manage petty cash cashbook and ensure daily recording of expenditures.
- Perform daily cash counts, cash inventory at the end of the month and Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for filing the vouchers and other financial documents in NRC's standard filing system.
- Ensures to clear all Cash advance at the end of the month.
- Prepares all supporting documents for monthly external accounting and tax reports.
- 1 year experience in a Finance role (Accountant, Cashier, Finance Assistant).
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- Proficiency in Turkish. Good level of English written and spoken.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of any accounting system will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
- You can handle insecure/changing environment
- You can empower and build trust
- You can communicate with impact and respect
- Commencement : ASAP
- Contract Period : Until May 31st 2016, with a possibility of extension
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Gaziantep / Turkey
- Please note that this position is open to Turkish nationals only.
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
How to apply:
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.