Turkey: Outreach Worker – Arabic speaker
If you are searching for a career/employment opportunity, why not take your time and try out on this one? Here is another Job Opportunity In Turkey: Outreach Worker – Arabic speaker
Organization: Relief International
Closing date: 14 Sep 2015
Reports to: Outreach and Referral Coordinator
Location: Gaziantep with possible travel inside Turkey
Number of positions available: 4
ABOUT RI:Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The Outreach Worker is responsible for raising awareness about education and protection services provided by RI and other actors, and ensuring parents in Gaziantep have a good understanding of school enrolment procedures and importance of education.
· Provide the host community and refugee communities with information on RI education and protection services, school enrolment procedures and other relevant issues under supervision of RI’s Outreach and Referral Coordinator.
· Meet with community stakeholders, local leaders and key community members to inform them about the project and involve them with project implementation.
· Represent the organization in a professional and respectful manner to all community members.
· Advocate importance of education and parents’ engagement in education of their children in local communities.
· Assist with the identification of children and youth that are eligible to receive RI education/protection services and facilitate referral to other services providers.
· Assist with data collection on the needs and social characteristics of local communities.
· Participate in meetings with RI Program and M&E Teams to discuss and evaluate progress of project targets.
· Maintain ongoing interactive and positive relationships with the refugee and Turkish communities; building strong relationships with the community based on trust
· Perform other duties as needed.
· This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
· Some prior education, teaching, or community development preferable.
· Strong communication skills.
· Good listening skills.
· Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of the community.
· Trust and wide acceptance by the community, strong community network and connections.
· Strong literacy, numeracy, and record keeping skills.Freebie:- It's free and designed for you! Claim yours here now
· Strong desire to assist in education and community outreach.
· Good command of Excel and Microsoft Word preferred.
· Good command of Arabic required, Turkish language skills strongly preferred. English will be an asset
· Desire to learn, willingness to ask questions, cultural sensitivity, and flexibility are desired characteristics. Sense of humor will be an asset.
How to apply:
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV to [email protected] before the 14th September stating in the subject "Outreach Worker".
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications
Disclaimer. Thekonsulthub.com neither screens employers nor endorses their employment opportunities, labor practices, products, or services. You are therefore advised to attempt to check the validity and accuracy of job listings on the Employers website.